Video: Cruz Azul 2, Pachuca 2

Pachuca misses a late penalty kick and settles for a draw with Cruz Azul in Mexico City.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

By Steve Goff  |  April 15, 2010; 10:05 AM ET
Categories:  Mexico  | Tags: C.F. Pachuca, Cruz Azul, Mexico, Soccer
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: D.C. United, MLS news & notes
Next: USSF: D.C. United goal shouldn't have counted

Comments

(from previous) Pentagon Row?

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor
-----------------------
nah, the Ellipse, between WH and Wash Monument. MWF at 1245 if you're free.

Posted by: troy6 | April 15, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

That was a costly late penalty miss by Leo Lopez for Pachuca. They are currently just outside the playoffs in 9th place w 2 games remaining. If they had won last night they'd be in 7th place (ahead of Cruz Azul & America) and be in pretty solid position.

Mediotiempo's Group standings (top 2 in each group and next best 2 overall make the Liguilla):

The end of Mexico's Clausura season and the Liguilla playoffs will be strange as somthing like 17 players have been called in for El Tri's World Cup camp and won't be available to their teams (Chivas has the most).

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | April 15, 2010 10:58 AM | Report abuse

@troy: too far to the Ellipse, I'm afraid. The field at Pentagon Row is a 3 minute walk. I hope to get out there starting next week.

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | April 15, 2010 12:15 PM | Report abuse

OT: I'm looking forward to going to the stadium on Saturday. I love the Pietasters, and it'll be good to get out and support our team. They certainly need a 12th man.

"The night owl is coming and she's walkin' through that front door.
But like I told you baby, and like I'm telling you now, I don't love you no more. And one more thing, now listen here, I hate your guts, you ruined my life. Bye bye baby you'll never be my wife! Singing no, no, no"

Night Owl by Pietasters

Posted by: WorldCup | April 15, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Perhaps the FO needs to listen to the Pietasters more:

"Too many long for yesterday, but yesterday's over. So many things we couldn't say, but yesterday's over."

-Yesterday's Over by the Pietasters

Posted by: VercengetorixII | April 15, 2010 1:59 PM | Report abuse

any one recommend a soccer bar in salt lake city?

Posted by: OWNTF | April 15, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

I've stopped watching the Mexican League since my team Chivas aint going anywhere in the playoffs.

Title is Monterrey's for the taking. Maybe Cruz Azul if they can finally stop choking.

Posted by: vmrg1974 | April 15, 2010 2:09 PM | Report abuse

Recession, what recession?

I'm am green with envy,or is it red with anger? No wait, Black with depression...it matches the team's colors.

Posted by: Brian76 | April 15, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

@OWNTF: I'm sure you know this, or dread this, but I'm sure someone would answer you in the RSL forums on Big Soccer. I found fairly quality info posting a question on the Railhawks forum when I was visiting Raleigh a couple weeks ago.

Posted by: DadRyan | April 15, 2010 3:29 PM | Report abuse