Weekend soccer TV listings

More than 40 matches available. What are you going to watch?
SATURDAY
England, Birmingham-Burnley 7:30 a.m. ET, ESPN2
Germany, Bayern Munich-Bochum 9:30 a.m. GolTV
Germany, Schalke-Werder Bremen 9:30 a.m. ESPN Deportes
England, Manchester City-Aston Villa 10 a.m. Fox Soccer Channel
England, Spurs-Bolton 10 a.m. Fox Soccer Plus

Germany, Leverkusen-Hertha Berlin 11:30 a.m. ESPN Deportes
Spain, Coruna-Zaragoza noon GolTV
England, Portsmouth-Wolves noon FSC
Italy, Parma-Roma noon FSP
Spain, Malaga-Gijon noon DirecTV (456)
Spain, Valladolid-Getafe noon DirecTV (457)
Spain, Tenerife-Santander noon DirecTV (458)
Spain, Espanyol-Valencia 2 p.m. GolTV
Spain, Bilbao-Mallorca 3 p.m. ESPN Deportes
Argentina, Independiente-Boca Juniors 5 p.m. Fox Sports Espanol
Mexico, Santos Laguna-Pumas 8 p.m. Telefutura
Mexico, America-Toluca 10 p.m. Univision

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

By Steve Goff  |  April 29, 2010; 10:25 PM ET
Categories:  TV  | Tags: AC Milan, D.C. United, F.C. Internazionale Milano, FC Bayern Munich, Fox Soccer Channel, GolTV, Hertha BSC, MLS, Manchester City F.C., Manchester United F.C., Real Madrid C.F., SV Werder Bremen, Soccer
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Bob Bradley talks U.S. roster, World Cup
Next: Friday kickaround

Comments

Flyers vs Caps, I mean Bruins on NBC4.

That DC United game is ill-placed at 4pm on Saturday. Can't really watch much of anything after noon and before seven. I'll finally get some quality time with other MLS teams this weekend. Seattle-Columbus looks like a must-watch.

Thx,

Jay!

Posted by: jayrockers | April 29, 2010 10:40 PM | Report abuse

City-Villa. Hoping to make it out to RFK -- otherwise, the DCU match.

Posted by: fischy | April 30, 2010 12:16 AM | Report abuse

Everyone in the organization is apologizing for the interference in your freaking evening Jay!
Thx!
You could always stumble in and just catch the second half of the United tilt before the second half of the double header with the Freedom gets underway...
Thx!
DadRyan
For someone who normally is the Anti-whiner, you sure know how to hit the mark in the complaining about nothing department....
Tanx brah!

Posted by: DadRyan | April 30, 2010 1:54 AM | Report abuse

After my sleep schedule this week, hopefully nothing before mls games start, of which I'm most looking forward to DC-Red Bull and Seattle-Columbus

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | April 30, 2010 4:00 AM | Report abuse

Watching Villa move into 4th, then heading out to Estadio RFK for the only day game I can take my daughter to until August. I cannot more vehemently disagree with you on scheduling, Jay.

Posted by: daandre3 | April 30, 2010 6:43 AM | Report abuse

I will start with the Burnley v Birmingham at 7:30am. I will not leave the couch area for ANY REASON. I will sit in my own filth. I will not eat; that should help keep the filth down.

When the MLS is done, around 12:30 a.m. I will watch Germany v Holland (the spit match)from the 1994 World Cup on tape...Betamax tape...on continuous loop until 8:30 a.m. when Liverpool, Chelsea kicks off on Fox Soccer PLUS (does this channel exist?)

I will watch live soccer until the America Toluca match is done, around midnight Sunday.

That is, of course, unless Wife of Nine wants to go to the scrap-booking fair or something. (Ummm, scraps)

Posted by: 9Nine9 | April 30, 2010 7:31 AM | Report abuse

What, no Hull?

Too busy this weekend. Otherwise, I'd be watching DCU and VCF/Barca at the same time.

Posted by: Reignking | April 30, 2010 7:53 AM | Report abuse

Considering the traditional placement of the Telefutura game has been Sunday at 3pm, it's a fair point to ask why it is moved back a day. Unless we're playing in Toronto, you expect MLS games on Saturday to start at 730. It's unexpected, is all I'm saying. I don't know where you get that I'm whining, DR. I've got plenty of DVR space to capture all the matches I want. Can't take your daughter to night games at RFK daandre? There'll be plenty of parents who can't take their kids to such an early game on Saturday, what with recreational sports leagues usually playing in the afternoon. Once again-inconveniently placed Saturday game at RFK.

Thx,

Jay!

Posted by: jayrockers | April 30, 2010 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Due to my own soccer commitments, whether administrative or behind the bench, I'll be watching the local youth most of the weekend. However, late Saturday afternoon/evening is open so I'll be watching MLS and WPS action on the telly. Really looking forward to the Crew/Sounders match in particular.

Posted by: croftonpost | April 30, 2010 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Marca reporting that Barca and Valencia have a deal for David Villa (but we've heard that before).

Posted by: Reignking | April 30, 2010 9:08 AM | Report abuse

I'll be watching (coaching, actually) the Fauquier County U-12 Girls Unicorns (they picked that dunmba** name at Wednesday night's practice) play in the AM and then off to RFK with the little ones - give me a ring DadRyan - for the big Red Bulls thumping that we are going to administer in the PM.

Vamos United!!

Posted by: Smitty68 | April 30, 2010 9:09 AM | Report abuse

Dumba** can't spell dumba**

Posted by: Smitty68 | April 30, 2010 9:11 AM | Report abuse

I'm taking my kid to the match at RFK tomorrow! 4pm start time is perfect for U-3's!

Posted by: DadRyan | April 30, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

Big weekend in the Football League on foxsoccer.tv

Charlton Athletic vs. Leeds
10:00 AM Saturday

Sheffield Wednesday vs. Crystal Palace
08:00 AM Sunday
(Winner stays in The Championship, loser down)

Blackpool vs. Bristol City
08:00 AM Sunday

Posted by: Kev29 | April 30, 2010 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: DadRyan

Amen. @Jay: One, maybe two inconvenient matches for you a season, out of 15. Let the rest of us, who can't take our kids to the night games, enjoy our day in the sun.

Posted by: daandre3 | April 30, 2010 12:55 PM | Report abuse