Weekend TV listings

What are you going to watch (besides Real Madrid-Barcelona)?
FRIDAY

Brazil, Sao Paulo-Santos 3 p.m. GolTV
Spain, Mallorca-Valencia 3 p.m. ESPN Deportes
Mexico, Puebla-Indios 5 p.m. FSE
WPS, Sky Blue-Chicago 6 p.m. FSC

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

By Steve Goff  |  April 8, 2010; 11:34 PM ET
Categories:  TV  | Tags: AC Milan, Bayer 04 Leverkusen, F.C. Internazionale Milano, FC Bayern Munich, Fox Soccer Channel, GolTV, Manchester United F.C., Real Madrid C.F., Soccer
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Biden to Philly, Fulham to semis, MLS, Emilio
Next: AC/DC: AC Milan vs. D.C. United at RFK Stadium?

Comments

philly-dc, maybe rsl-seattle and definitely fulham-liverpool on sunday.

Any predictions on el clasico?

4-3 Real over Messi. 1 for Ronaldo, 2 for Higuain and one cheapo by raul albiol on a header or something. Messi's the best in the world but los Merengues win the league. (and Spain goes further than Argentina in the WC too!)

Posted by: Brian76 | April 9, 2010 12:10 AM | Report abuse

I'm going to the United, Philadelphia BUnion match. Anybody else?

Posted by: 9Nine9 | April 9, 2010 7:09 AM | Report abuse

Class all day tomorrow, then El Clasico, DC/Philly, then more homework.

Also, I believe the Eintracht Frankfurt (ricardo clark) vs. Borrusia Monchengladbach (bradley) game is on espn360 today at 2:30/3 pm.

Posted by: wanker82 | April 9, 2010 8:25 AM | Report abuse

I will be in Philly for the game. I'm a bit disappointed that I won't be able to catch the end of El Clasico. Still, can't beat a day traveling to go see soccer.

Posted by: Mongoose714 | April 9, 2010 8:46 AM | Report abuse

Call me when you have no class.

My Saturday is scheduled around / interrupted by the RM/Barca match.

Posted by: Reignking | April 9, 2010 8:48 AM | Report abuse

Hull and Jozy. I'm guessing Dempsey will be a late sub option or is he better?

I'm having a hard time watching anything that doesn't involve US National team players.

Then, United v B. Franklin's illegitimate children.

Posted by: delantero | April 9, 2010 9:13 AM | Report abuse

United/Union on the flat screen after some backyard grillin' and chillin' on Saturday. My neighbor went crazy and got Direct Kick so maybe check out one of the later matches as well. Probably LA/Houston? Originally wanted to go up to Philly but I'm going to wait until they are playing in their own stadium. I can more easily justify going to two home games for the same price of one road trip up to Phila to watch em play in a place that doesn't allow Flags or tifo of any sort.... The whole family will be hoping to hear the DCU SG's drowning out those SOB's!

As for Sunday, I'll probably watch Liverpool/Fulham unless Dempsey is still out, in which case I'll go on another bike ride to psych myself up and out for the Hell of the North on VS. at 6pm...
Could have started the spring classics jibber jabber last weekend with the Tour of Flanders, but we all know the real drama will unfold in the Paris/Roubaix...

Posted by: DadRyan | April 9, 2010 9:17 AM | Report abuse

U8 season opener then Freedom season opener. Live soccer > TV soccer.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | April 9, 2010 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Reminder that Real/Barca will also be on ESPN360 for those that don't have Gol or Deportes. I'll probably skip watching live any enjoy the great outdoors until the DCU match comes on.

Posted by: DadRyan | April 9, 2010 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Maybe check out that vampire girl playing Joann Jett in a theater with good sound. Because I love rock 'n roll.

Posted by: OWNTF | April 9, 2010 9:49 AM | Report abuse

"Call me when you have no class."

Be careful, the whole Sounders nation qualifies...hope your phone number isn't listed.

Posted by: troy6 | April 9, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

I'll be watching all the beautiful scenery between Washington and Philadelphia. The view from inside the Ft McHenry Tunnel is much nicer than the one from the Harbor Tunnel. Especially during cherry blossom season.

Hope the bus driver remembers to take the scenic route.

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | April 9, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

U8 season opener .. . is this the debut of Coach 270?

Re: Hell of the North, go Hincapie! Think Duclos Lasalle, age is just a number.

Posted by: delantero | April 9, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Rev up the "Fire Coach 270" bandwagon.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | April 9, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

DVR heavily in use to allow me to see some of this in between extensive kids' sports schedules... I guess a sampling of Jozy and Clint, assuming they play, maybe a bit of JF Torres, extensive El Classico highlights, and more or less the whole DCU/PU thing.

Posted by: assocfoot | April 9, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Stupid Flanders.

I'll admit, I watched some of the Paris-Nice a few weeks ago. Eurosnob.

Posted by: Reignking | April 9, 2010 10:11 AM | Report abuse

Heading out to Atlantic City for the first leg of the weekend, then on to Philly tomorrow to exact some vocal revenge on the fans who made the Nationals' Opening Day a total joke.

Posted by: Juan-John1 | April 9, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Re: Flanders . . I had the good fortune to be able to race up the Bosberg and the Muur van Gerrardsbergen. Words can't describe the pain indcued by the last pitch at 19.8% and cobbled.

Posted by: delantero | April 9, 2010 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Rev up the "Fire Coach 270" bandwagon.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | April 9, 2010 10:07 AM
========================

I've hired a single-engine prop to pull a banner saying just that.

I hear Chest Rockwell is in the running as your replacement.

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | April 9, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

@delantero, (In my best Napoleon Dynamite voice) LUUUUCKYY!!!

Funny how cyclists envy other's pain...;) Crazy bastards.

Posted by: DadRyan | April 9, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

1)Youth Soccer all three days

2)Rangers/Flyers & Caps/Thrashers

3)Little Shop of Horrors @ Ford's Theater

4)DCU/Union

5)RSL/Seattle

5)Caps/Bruins & maybe Rangers/Flyers if it matters

That's enough!

Posted by: croftonpost | April 9, 2010 12:59 PM | Report abuse

I guess I'll be at the 'Plex tomorrow evening, although I don't understand why the Freedom chose to go up against the DCU game on TV. What was wrong with playing at 4:00 p.m., as they did last year?

Posted by: universityandpark | April 9, 2010 2:57 PM | Report abuse