Early Thursday kickaround

D Carlos Bocanegra not in 18 for Rennes' 3-1 loss at Marseille
Thursday
MF Benny Feilhaber for Aarhus vs. Sonderjyske
MF Alejandro Bedoya for Orebro at Helsingborg
D Clarence Goodson for Start at Lillestrom
Fs Freddy Adu, Eddie Johnson for Aris at AEK Athens

*Luc Richard Mbah a Mboute plays for the Milwaukee Bucks, but with his NBA season over, he is turning his attention to the World Cup. The Cameroon native is planning to attend matches. "I played soccer until I was 14, before I started playing basketball," he told the Associated Press. "I'm always a fan, that's my first love. I stay true to it, and I'm always going to love it."

*An update on World Cup ticket sales.

*Argentina Manager Diego Maradona tested domestic players during a 4-0 victory over Haiti in an earthquake relief match.

*Cristiano Ronaldo's hat trick powered Real Madrid to a 4-1 victory at Mallorca, allowing the Galacticos to pull within a point of Barcelona with two matches remaining:

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

By Steve Goff  |  May 6, 2010; 1:50 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , Americans Abroad , Argentina , Real Madrid , Spain  | Tags: Cristiano Ronaldo, Freddy Adu, Milwaukee Bucks, Real Madrid, Soccer, World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: D.C. United rewind
Next: MLS, Greece, Rossi, Germany, Red Bulls, 6-6

Comments

I think I should be studying for my exam.

Posted by: PEddy | May 6, 2010 3:10 AM | Report abuse

Adu and Johnson's game has been canceled due to riots.

Posted by: grabowcp | May 6, 2010 7:33 AM | Report abuse

It's rough being a GK sometimes!

Posted by: Godfather_of_Goals | May 6, 2010 8:16 AM | Report abuse

Argentina playing at home, "Palermo was cut on the chin by a splinter from a flare thrown onto the pitch before kickoff but played after treatment."

Posted by: Reignking | May 6, 2010 8:37 AM | Report abuse

Does anybody else notice faint background commentary from Goff's page? There are two video's posted, neither are playing, but I can still hear a really really faint match going on.

Its not the first time its happened here, but I just thought I was going crazy.

On a related topic, if I could find a decently priced flight, I'd help out with buying some of those tickets.

Posted by: SoccerVA | May 6, 2010 9:09 AM | Report abuse

That happens both my home and work computers. I think it's another majorleaguescrewup.com problem. Initially, the videos were on auto play. Now, only the audio is.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | May 6, 2010 9:19 AM | Report abuse

Edson Buddle held scoreless last night. Time to cut him.

Posted by: Reignking | May 6, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

He should have had one, but a me-like first touch ran it far enough away Pickens could come claim it. Their goal last night was their first that he wasn't involved in. And boy, I could watch them all night long, they play some great soccer. If they don't make it to the CCLsemis, with or without Donovan maybe, even, I'd call it a disappointment the way they're playing.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | May 6, 2010 10:19 AM | Report abuse

Is there anybody out there that doesn't think the Galaxy are a MLS Cup lock? IMO, no other team in MLS is playing at their level right now.

Posted by: Gambrills4 | May 6, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

Higuain will be the main reason argentina does good this WC. WATCH!!!

Posted by: BolivianDCFan | May 6, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Gambrills4 | May 6, 2010 10:26 AM | Report abuse

And imagine if they were getting Becks back! Yeesh. I haven't seen them play this season, but I'll take their record and your word for it.

Posted by: WorldCup | May 6, 2010 11:10 AM | Report abuse

Traditionally, MLS teams reverse their fortunes after the all-star game. Solet's not pronounce LA as a lock for anything yet.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | May 6, 2010 11:14 AM | Report abuse