The U.S. friendly and World Cup roster decisions

What we liked about Tuesday's friendly:

*DaMarcus Beasley and Stuart Holden on the flanks. Beas is back. Putting to rest lingering questions about his effectiveness after a reduced role with Glasgow Rangers this year, DMB was quick and confident in his 45 minutes and surely secured a World Cup roster spot. Holden's set pieces led to the goals and he further enhanced his chances of starting on the right flank against England.

Bob Bradley said of Beasley: "He has shown his teammates again that there is a renewed commitment to everything and that showed on the field."

*Edson Buddle and Herculez Gomez brought different elements to the frontline. Buddle just seems to get it. He puts himself in the proper spots and sees the game with a new-found maturity. Gomez has the ability to come off the bench and strike without warning. I don't think he is as polished as Buddle, and certainly not as physically imposing, but if the Americans find themselves in a second-half jam in South Africa, Gomez could provide the answer on short notice.

*Maurice Edu belongs in the lineup to provide grit, industry and, as we learned in the 17th minute, an occasional scoring touch. Late in the match, Bradley experimented with him at central defense -- a position he played at the 2008 Olympics -- and although it's not his best spot, he offers depth on a backline that remains unsettled.

What we didn't like about Tuesday's friendly:

*Neither Jonathan Bornstein nor Heath Pearce is a World Cup left back. Bradley likes Bornstein's athletic ability and versatility, but he also must realize that the Chivas USA man has been -- and will continue to be -- exposed at the highest level. Pearce was beaten badly on the Czechs' second goal and seemed a step behind all evening.

*The team defending was sloppy, conceding too many scoring opportunities. In addition to the four goals, the Czechs had one nullified by an offside ruling and failed to capitalize on a couple other quality chances. I'm also wondering about Brad Guzan's presence in the box; he's no Tim Howard. Or, probably, Marcus Hahnemann. The lack of playing time at Aston Villa shows.

Things to keep in mind about Tuesday's friendly:

*Without Landon Donovan, the United States is a much different team. You saw some good build-up, flank play and set pieces, but you didn't often see anyone running at -- and past -- defenders.

*Oguchi Onyewu hasn't played a competitive game in seven months, and although he appeared comfortable and composed, he mistimed his jump on a free kick late in the first half and got beaten to a header that resulted in the Czechs' first goal. The coaching staff has 2 1/2 weeks to get Gooch into the rhythm of international play.

*Bradley is not only assessing performances but envisioning how players will react on the biggest stage. "You look hard at reactions, movement. When you go to the World Cup, physically -- the challenges, the demands, the speed of the game, the level of athleticism -- is incredibly high. You want to make sure you feel like players that are going are where they need to be in those areas."

Speaking specifically about evaluating forwards, he said: "You are looking to see how they will be able to handle themselves and adjust to international games. Games go faster. When you get into an international game or a top club match, the window for plays is small and the window closes quickly. If you are used to that window being a little bit bigger and staying open a little bit longer, it doesn't work that way. You wait to see if there are too many times when a play comes into their direction and a defender is able to just step in front of an attacker and come away with the ball. That is telling you that your attacking player in that moment isn't thinking fast enough. It tells you that he is still going 40 miles per hour when the game is going 60."

So what happens now? Bradley and his assistants will make their final roster decisions and meet individually with players. The formal announcement will come at 1 p.m. ET Wednesday on ESPN's "SportsCenter."

"We will have a discussion with each person that we are letting go, thank them, let them know how much we appreciate what they have put into it," Bradley said. "It's usually not a long discussion because, if you are on the receiving end of tough news, it's not the time you want to get into a long conversation. We try to be clear and upfront."

My guesses.....

Goalkeepers: Tim Howard, Marcus Hahnemann, Brad Guzan.

Defenders: Oguchi Onyewu (center), Carlos Bocanegra (left/center), Jay DeMerit (center), Jonathan Spector (right/left), Steve Cherundolo (right), Clarence Goodson (center), Jonathan Bornstein (left).

Midfielders: Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Michael Bradley, Maurice Edu, Stuart Holden, Ricardo Clark, Benny Feilhaber, Jose Torres, DaMarcus Beasley.

Forwards: Jozy Altidore, Brian Ching, Edson Buddle, Herculez Gomez.

Not on the list: Heath Pearce, Chad Marshall, Robbie Rogers, Sacha Kljestan, Alejandro Bedoya, Eddie Johnson, Robbie Findley.

If Bradley feels the need for additional speed, perhaps Findley, Bedoya or Rogers gets the call instead of Torres?

After the roster is presented at ESPN studios, the delegation will fly to Washington for a function on Wednesday night. It will meet with President Obama and Bill Clinton on Thursday morning at the White House, then bus to Philadelphia for a late-day training session. After another workout Friday and the friendly against Turkey on Saturday afternoon, the group will return to Washington ahead of Sunday evening's flight to Johannesburg.

By Steve Goff  |  May 26, 2010; 2:13 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , U.S. men's national team  | Tags: Bob Bradley, Oguchi Onyewu, U.S. national team, World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Matchnight: USA-Czech Republic
Next: Onyewu's return, Milan in D.C., World Cup viewing

Comments

I think they could use Hejduk against England.

Posted by: rhbancroft | May 26, 2010 2:33 AM | Report abuse

Gooch seems a shadow of his former self. He is not confident on his leg and you can visibly see him limping about. ONLY reason to have Gooch is to try to nullify Peter Crouch but if he can't jump well what is the point? I thought Gooch looked weak and not ready for the highest level at all. He will get left in the dust with fast forwards breaking in for goal.

Posted by: elfelixg | May 26, 2010 2:50 AM | Report abuse

I'd rather see Bedoya than Feilhaber. If that sounds crazy, ask yourself, in what situation would Feilhaber actually play? Clark plays better defense, Bradley is better box to box, Edu is a beast at everything, and Torres has a more unique set of skills for offensive spark. And we certainly don't need him on the flank, where we have more skill and better crossing. He's basically a utility player, but all the jobs are doubly filled.

That, and he's not in as good form as Bedoya, who has noticeably upped the energy and forward motion of the team in a short amount of time.

Still, I think Goff has his prediction exact.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | May 26, 2010 2:56 AM | Report abuse

I think Clarence Goodson should have also been in the "What we liked" section - especially with Gooch looking a little shaky in the air. The only mistake Goodson made in the whole game was failing to clear after Pearce's second big error. First game against England? If Gooch is still less than 100%, Goodson has to get the call marking Crouch.

Posted by: soccerman | May 26, 2010 3:07 AM | Report abuse

I feel comfortable with Goodson marking Crouch, but maybe not Heskey. That's why I'd rather Gooch be healthy, but he definitely looked like he was still feeling it, or at the very least just not confident on it.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | May 26, 2010 4:02 AM | Report abuse

Amazing how poor our depth is in the back. I agree with Goff that he'll take Bornstein, but honestly, that guy is an average MLS back and nothing more. Oh, and Buddle received zero service last night. If he loses a spot while Gomez gets one, I will puke. I hope you're right, Goff.

Posted by: Hoost | May 26, 2010 6:55 AM | Report abuse

Totally agree with your 23!
Less confident of the defense after last night, but hopefully Demerit and Boca and Spector will improve things.

Posted by: jake77 | May 26, 2010 6:58 AM | Report abuse

After watching last night, Bradley should bite the bullet and leave Gooch home. Putting aside lingering issues with his knee and general rust, he's not 90 minutes fit. He might get 90 minutes league match fit in 2 1/2 weeks, but I doubt it. He will not get World Cup match fit in that time. His technique, when fit, isn't the best and he draws fouls in the best of times. If he is not fit and rusty, we'll see him beaten for pace, take silly fouls and probably cough up a PK somewhere along the line. Sorry, he's not any more ready that Charlie Davies.

Posted by: griffin1108 | May 26, 2010 7:14 AM | Report abuse

Agree with Goff on the roster. But our depth is a problem everywhere really. It's hard to make an argument for any of these players that will be dropped. That shows a shallow player pool which should be much stronger by now.

Posted by: FrancoNiell | May 26, 2010 7:21 AM | Report abuse

Dump Gooch. If he can't defend balls in the air, what good is he?

Posted by: tkelley55 | May 26, 2010 7:54 AM | Report abuse

I swap Bedoya for Buddle and I agree with the rest of your choices Goff.

Bedoya brings more than Buddle does IMO.

Posted by: strago | May 26, 2010 8:01 AM | Report abuse

Do we really need to take 3 keepers? Guzan just looked lost to me last night. He didn't seem to read the game well, his reactions were slow and he didn't come out and command the box. I'd almost like to see another field player instead of a 3rd keeper who seems to lack confidence.

Posted by: CrippledKeeper | May 26, 2010 8:22 AM | Report abuse

I agree with Goff's selections. Bornstein was bad, repeatedly getting beat on the wing, but Pearce was even worse. I honestly felt bad for Pearce last night. It would be nice to leave them both out, but then who else takes the spot? In all honesty, I'd rather have Hejduk on the squad than either Bornstein or Pearce. But that ship has sailed. Bring Bornstein but hope he doesn't see the field.

Am I alone in thinking Torres was very impressive in his 45 minutes? He even showed some bite on defense. Sure, he's not super fast, but he has some composure on the ball and keeps things fluid. Bedoya, Rogers, and Findley bring little or nothing, in my opinion. I didn't even know what position Bedoya was playing for the first several minutes he was on the field last night. He looked lost. And when he did see the ball he didn't make much happen. The moment that sticks out the most to me was his (I'm 98 percent sure it was Bedoya) back pass all the way from the corner of the 18 to Edu at midfield. I didn't understand that at all. It totally killed the attack. Rogers looked like he might be dangerous, but then his efforts amounted to very little. The kid needs to lift his head up once in a while. The shot was okay, but it was going well wide when Cech stopped it. And Findley? Yikes. If Findley goes over Torres, I'll break a mirror.

Ching looked useful. Buddle certainly did better than Johnson. Gomez looked a little slow and without ideas at time, but he scored. If we bring four forwards, it should be Altidore, Ching, Buddle, and Gomez. If we bring three, it's going to be a tough choice between Buddle and Gomez. I give the edge to Gomez because he seems to me the better option off the bench to provide a spark. Buddle won't start, and I don't get the sense he'd be likely to make in impact in limited minutes. I did appreciate his effort out there, though, and would be happy if he makes the squad.

Kljestan? Please, no. Oh, and Guzan was useless. He should be third choice.

Posted by: DEFPOTEC1 | May 26, 2010 8:23 AM | Report abuse

So bedoya brings goals?, and why would we have another midfielder and just 3 forwards????

Posted by: Norteno4life | May 26, 2010 8:26 AM | Report abuse

Bedoya brings creativity thats lacking.

I suspect we'll see Ching/Altidore, Altidore/Dempsey up top with Gomez coming in as a late sub for the majority of the games. We have enough versatility to get goals out of Dempsey and Donovan we don't need to bring 2 relatively inexperienced strikers along.

Posted by: strago | May 26, 2010 8:34 AM | Report abuse

I didn't see much (any) creativity out of Bedoya last night. Sure, he didn't play much, and maybe he's shown much more in Sweden (albeit against blah competition). But what did he do last night to suggest he can provide a creative spark?

Posted by: DEFPOTEC1 | May 26, 2010 8:45 AM | Report abuse

I think you all are being too tough on Gooch. He made one mistake all night. And, that after a 7 month break. He's going to make the team and, maybe, start.

Posted by: BigBubba1 | May 26, 2010 9:06 AM | Report abuse

I agree 100% with that roster.

I am shocked that Beasley has come back into the team, but the thought of him returning as the Beasley of old really opens up the line up for the U.S. It gets me all giddy thinking the 2002 Beasley will go after people.

Dempsey can then play up top. Heck, Holden on the R, Beas on the L with Donovan/Dempsey up top!

Posted by: delantero | May 26, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

What is it about the left back position? We haven’t had a reliable one since Caligiuri. I remember watching Bornstein lock down Messi for a half in the Copa America three years ago. We lost 1-4, but Bornstein was so effective that Argentina had to move Messi to the other side in the second half to get him going. That was three years, and one knee injury ago. Bornstein hasn’t been the same since. For me our best choices at left back are Spector, Bocanegra and yes, Beasley. Say thanks, but no thanks to Bornstein and Pearce. Frankie, get on the next available eastbound plane from Port Columbus. Your country needs you.

Posted by: crewmudgeon | May 26, 2010 9:26 AM | Report abuse

I don't think Juergen makes the 23. The guy added very little to the commentary at halftime and the end of the game. Does the guy even know the players? Alexi is an ass but at least he knows our team and says things that are controversial and entertaining.

Posted by: EssEff | May 26, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

BigBubba, I think every US soccer fan has pulled/prayed for Gooch's recovery just as much as for Charlie Davies. But here's the deal: this is the World Cup, and Gooch isn't ready to go 90 minutes against the best strikers on the planet--that's why AC Milan didn't play him in their few remaining games. If Demerit and Boca weren't also recovering from injuries, he might not even make the roster.

Posted by: dcarmy | May 26, 2010 9:28 AM | Report abuse

I think Goff's 23 is exactly what Bradley will bring. However, I think Feilhaber (not Torres) is the last man on the plane, so to speak. Like UnitedDemon, I think Feilhaber is down the depth chart at every position he can play. I guess that's splitting hairs, since they're both going to South Africa.

Posted by: Chest_Rockwell | May 26, 2010 9:31 AM | Report abuse

Sometimes I think Goff and I are the same person. I had the same 23 and mostly for the same reasons.

Gooch is a lock for the plane, but not for the starting 11. Its worth taking him to see if they can get him match fit, but if not, Goodson is an excellent replacement.

As far as forwards go, I think Buddle and Gomez are great choices. You need young, hungry attacking players, and they both showed that last night. Sasha was a huge disappointment and may have played himself off the team (to be replaced by DMB).

Posted by: SoccerVA | May 26, 2010 9:35 AM | Report abuse

The 3rd keeper is a FIFA requirement.

I totally agree with Goff's roster. The only question to me would be whether Bradley likes Buddle better than Rogers, or if he feels the necessity to bring Pearce. I really think the guys that actually play needs to be minimal since the dropoff in talent after about player 16 to 17 becomes dramatic. This roster is very different from 2002. That team had a lot of experienced or talented players from 17-23.

I picked my roster last night as exactly the same as Goff. I would not play Bornstein, but we kind of have to bring him for cover since there really is no depth at this point. It would have been nice if Dunivant had been healthy the last 4 years and he could have had a chance to see what he can do.

Posted by: stephen_james2 | May 26, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Re: Defense

Rooney must be licking his chops after seeing how much space the Czech's had last night. Not only that, but we were caught several times on the transition. England feasts off of that stuff.

It's clear that Edu/Bradley are going to have to camp in front of our back 4, regardless of who plays there.

Posted by: delantero | May 26, 2010 9:38 AM | Report abuse

Gooch has a habit of starting slow and then improving greatly for the next matches. Not ideal, but I think he'll be ready for England. AC Milan was fighting for a CL spot, so it's not surprising that they would stay with their defense, rather than insert a recovering player.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | May 26, 2010 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Excellent analysis. Two comments:

I did, actually: Damarcus Beasley. The problem was, every time he would run by a defender, he would get mauled by said defender.

He didn't mistime it so much as completely fail to get off the ground. I find the latter a little more disturbing.

If Gooch can't go, I don't feel too bad about a line of Dolo-DeMerit-Boca-Spector. Sure, England is going to give them problems, but neither Algeria nor Slovenia have any outstanding athletes in the attack. They'll just have to stay organized.

Posted by: BooThisMan | May 26, 2010 9:50 AM | Report abuse

Unless a miracle occurs with the USA defense, we are in deep do-do against England -- and perhaps beyond.

Maybe Gooch was held by the attacker. That could explain why his self-described mistimed jump never took him more than a foot off the ground. If he wasn't held, then his fitness is questionable. It wasn't encouraging to see the ice pack on his knee after he was subbed.

Bornstein/Pearce at left back for USA is a team weakness worse than Wallace at left back for DCU. I'd take Pearce over Bornstein. Both are terrible in the defensive end, but Pearce is better going forward. Bocanegra or Spector should start. Bocanegra has far more experience, but Spector has better mobility and a recent familiarity with England's players.

I feel sorry for Edu. Gets a goal and then is put in a defensive position he's not ready to play. I can see Bradley's reasoning. Gooch needed to come out and he wanted to get Bedoya on the field.

Goff: you're off base on Rogers. He gave USA what it lacked in the first half: a consistent threat on the left.

Posted by: runningcloud | May 26, 2010 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Rogers is going.

Posted by: OWNTF | May 26, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

The best news of all was Stuart Holden's ankle showing absolutely no ill effects.

Posted by: BooThisMan | May 26, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

i apologize if this has been discussed before: if gooch is picked for the 23 man roster BUT he struggles against turkey (no vertical lift, limping around etc), can he still be switched out? thanks.

Posted by: birdynumnum | May 26, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

Here is my list of those who I think that should be cut:

D: Bornstein, Pearce & Marshall.
MF: Rogers & Bedoya
F: EJ & Finley

Having said that, I think that this is what will probably happen.

D: Bornstein makes it. Spector gets sacrificed.

MF: Kljest makes it. Rico or JT gets sacrificed.

F: Bradley maybe decides to clip Buddle in addition to EJ & Findley so that he can make space in the mid for his godson, Kljest. He can justify it by saying that Dempsey can move forward if needed (I think that most people agree that Donovan needs to stay in the midfield to drive things if we are to have a snowball’s chance…)

Gooch better get healthy quickly or all of the "DC9" should be there stuff is going to flair up again.

Bradley is not goint to leave Gooch off the list. For better or worse. I just don't see it.

Posted by: yankiboy | May 26, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Better depth in 2006? Seriously?

Fringe players who made the roster 4 years ago: Jimmy Conrad, Eddie Lewis (as a defender), Convey, O'Brien (he was healthy? thought he was dead by 2006), Ben Olsen, Josh Wolff.

God bless Bennie Olsen but I'd prefer 4 guys who are going to get cut this year to any of those 6 in their 2006 form: Rogers, Bedoya, Kljestan, Johnson. And maybe Findley and Marshall.

The difference between '06 and '10 is that we were more settled in the back then and have far more good options in the midfield now. Plus I don't see guys who are on the edge of decrepitude imploding at the worst possible moment. (See Reyna, Claudio.)

Posted by: benonthehill | May 26, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

Benonthehill, I was referring to 2002, not 2006. 2002 was a deeper roster, but maybe not as much quality in the 1st 16-17 players as this team.

Posted by: stephen_james2 | May 26, 2010 10:57 AM | Report abuse

So you mean Joe-Max Moore, David Regis, Greg Vanney and Cobi Jones?

Don't get me wrong. I love that Cobi Jones was there if only for his 15 minutes vs. Mexico.

Posted by: benonthehill | May 26, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Yankiboy, I hope you're wrong about Bradley keeping Bornstein over Spector. If that happens, Bradley should be sacked with immediate effect.

Spector is not the best defender on the squad, but he is the most valuable. If he doesn't start, he is automatically on the bench because he can slot into any defensive position should a starter be forced out of the match. A versatile defender is a manager's dream. (Ask anyone who plays Football Manager). His presence gives the manager an extra midfield or forward sub.

Posted by: runningcloud | May 26, 2010 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Ha - How awful were Juergen's "analyses" last night? I wish I could afford to be that bad at my job...

Posted by: atrain1 | May 26, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

@Runningcloud: I hear what you are saying about Spector over Bornstein. You are making perfect sense. But by my estimation, 3 defenders are probably going to go.

I just have knot in mys stomach that says that even though he should be gone, Bornstein is going. I have a hard time seeing both of Bradley's godsons getting cut.

I hope that I am wrong.

Posted by: yankiboy | May 26, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

I was not that impressed with Beasley. It wasn't a bad performance, but it was not eye catching either - just very pedestrian. Rogers seemed to play better although his consistency over several games is always in doubt.

I would rather see make Bob pick between Buddle and Gomez and go with three forwards, Altidore, Ching, Gomez/Buddle. Then, if we take only seven defenders, then we can take 10 midfielders and include Bedoya.

Posted by: LostinPotomac | May 26, 2010 11:37 AM | Report abuse

Yanki- There's no way either Rico or Spector gets left off. They weren't on the gameday roster because they have their spots on the plane locked up.

Posted by: BooThisMan | May 26, 2010 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Moore and Jones were experienced players that would not often hurt you. Whereas Bornstein, Pearce, Kjlestan, Rogers, Johnson etc, have just as many stinker games as good games like Regis who was benched. Vanney was merely brought in because of injuries to the original 23.

Posted by: stephen_james2 | May 26, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

@Boo: That is what I orginally said to my wife when they were up chilling in the "VIP".

But then this morning, the wildcard that is Bob Bradley's unique logic came into play. He could say, "well, I sat them because I pretty much already looked at them. I had to give the other guys a look playing against class European competition. it was a very tough decision. These things always are but I decided that the inclusion of Jonathan/Sascha gave us some options that the other two just don't give us"

(Ignore the fact that Spec can play on either side in back).

Posted by: yankiboy | May 26, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

I'd have to say Goff's 23 is my 23 too.

Gooch did not look healthy. I couldn't tell if my eyes were playing tricks on me, but I thought I noticed him limping from the outset before any of his mistakes came about. I can't see him starting in the back, provided Bocanegra and Demerit are healthy.

Feilhaber will still be the off-the-bench creative spark in any of the 4 midfield slots. I didn't see anything from Bedoya or Torres to match that. Both of them are nice technical players, but neither did anything to create opportunities coming from the midfield, something that Feilhaber has time and again provided for the US.

I also wasn't too impressed with Edu. I've been expecting more given his recent form, but his distribution was not sharp and he failed to control the midfield for the US in the manner I would expect. I would not be shocked if Clark wins the starting spot ahead of Edu to go with Bradley in the center of the park.

Gomez and Buddle pleasantly surprised. Gomez is not dynamic at all, but he continued his scoring form, looking to be in the right place at the right time and finishing his chances. Still, I can't see them getting time unless Dempsey, Donovan, or Altidore can't go a full 90.

Beasley looked great. I refused to write him off when he went through his prolonged poor spell, and he looks to be back to his scrappy, fearless self. That's a big boost that most were not expecting in the WC.

Posted by: psps23 | May 26, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse

considering findley didnt even play yesterday, he is either a solid lock or a solid drop. Now which do you think it is ..... i dont see him making the squad, so all the findley talk should stop! Onyewu needs to step it up, he is our star back there. Hopefully he will be ready come june.

Posted by: g3impreza | May 26, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Only one minor tweak from Goffino's list (Rogers goes instead of Buddle):

Goalkeepers: Tim Howard, Marcus Hahnemann, Brad Guzan.

Midfielders: Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Michael Bradley, Maurice Edu, Stuart Holden, Ricardo Clark, Benny Feilhaber, Jose Torres, Robbie Rogers, DaMarcus Beasley.

Forwards: Jozy Altidore, Brian Ching, Herculez Gomez.

Not on the list: Heath Pearce, Chad Marshall, Edson Buddle, Sacha Kljestan, Alejandro Bedoya, Eddie Johnson, Robbie Findley.

Rogers gives Bob another way to move Dempsey or Donovan up top if needed.

Posted by: soccerman | May 26, 2010 12:03 PM | Report abuse

Perhaps a dumb question, but I will throw it out there -- could Bradley leave Bornstein off and plan to fill in with Beasley at left back if necessary? I know this wasn't a great success in the past, but would it be worse than Bornstein? He seems to give up far too many set pieces in dangerous positions. I guess if it came down to Bornstein vs Feilhaber vs Rogers, would you give Beasley another try?

And Gooch did not get much lift on at least one other header. That really is worrisome, particularly compared to how high Goodson got on the goal.

Posted by: teamn | May 26, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Thats my list exactly! Although I wish Freddy Adu was in the Beasley slot!

Posted by: alan19 | May 26, 2010 12:22 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: nefariousjahs | May 26, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Rogers, Bedoya, Kljestan, Johnson out. But the big surprise is Findley over Ching.

Posted by: benonthehill | May 26, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

With Herculez on our side, we can't go wrong.

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | May 26, 2010 1:18 PM | Report abuse

Hey Marcus, my grandmother has sunglasses like those.

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | May 26, 2010 1:21 PM | Report abuse

SHOCKER, Findley and Buddle over Ching. Otherwise, what was generally expected.

Posted by: stephen_james2 | May 26, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse