Video: Onalfo talks D.C. United, World Cup, Davies

D.C. United Coach Curt Onalfo, a former national team assistant, visited Comcast SportsNet's "Washington Post Live" this week:

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

By Steve Goff  |  May 12, 2010; 11:27 PM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , D.C. United , TV , U.S. men's national team  | Tags: Comcast SportsNet, Curt Onalfo, D.C. United, World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: U.S. player schedules before World Cup camp
Next: Thursday kickaround

Comments

Uh, we're 7 games in and Onalfo is already talking about being "7 points from the playoffs."

This is going to be a grind.

Posted by: delantero | May 13, 2010 12:18 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: hungrypug | May 13, 2010 12:48 AM | Report abuse

Hey he said "absolutely" to a win this weekend, that’s three point closer!

I wish they had asked him if he had any concern regarding the training staff and why DC is so plagued by injuries.

Posted by: Southeasterner | May 13, 2010 12:50 AM | Report abuse

I will begin by admitting that I don't believe this season is on Onalfo. Before the season started I predicted that United would miss the playoffs and unfortunately that looks pretty good right now.
Having said that, I am really impressed with his public composure and leadership. I know nothing of his locker room leadership but the players viewing this piece have to appreciate the fact that he hasn't taken to throwing anybody under the bus and is taking a positive posture with the media.
Is anybody else out there getting as worried for Tino as I am?

Posted by: croftonpost | May 13, 2010 3:46 AM | Report abuse

Fantastic blog. Keep on rockin, Radu Prisacaru – UK Internet Marketer & Web Developer

Posted by: andeeaa | May 13, 2010 4:51 AM | Report abuse

Onalfo has a plan? I doubt it.

Posted by: Sultano | May 13, 2010 5:09 AM | Report abuse

Glad that Curt is saying all the right things in the media, what about that reporter? I don't know who he is, but do you think he could research how to pronounce the names before he goes on camera? He butchered Tino and Najar's names. Basic journalism, dude.

Posted by: spata1 | May 13, 2010 7:24 AM | Report abuse

Ivan Carter is a scrub. Russ Thaler is missed on WaPo Live.

Did anyone else read the blurb in the Examiner with the trainer who actually backs up everyone's suspicion that they don't know what they are doing?

Posted by: DadRyan | May 13, 2010 10:00 AM | Report abuse

Curt,

Dress up if you're going to go on television, you look like you just came from runnin an errand.

Posted by: Ruthie1 | May 13, 2010 10:07 AM | Report abuse

Hey,
If Curt actually turns this team into a winner and sneaks into the playoffs, he can wear a wifebeater and jorts to his interviews.

Until then,...