World Cup video: Teams arrive in South Africa

Check out a Reuters video report on the teams arriving in South Africa for the World Cup, including a look at England's team hotel/training facility.

By Matt Bonesteel  |  May 28, 2010; 11:38 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Videos: U.S. World Cup player highlights
Next: Calling all supporters heading to South Africa!

Comments

Goffinho,

When are you leaving? I mean, you should really consider arriving early for some altitude training.

I'd hate to see the altitude cause severe writers cramp. Could be tragic.

Posted by: delantero | May 28, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Do England's accommodations have special "Mistress Suites" for Terry and A. Cole.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | May 28, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: davemcl | May 28, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

Thanks, davemcl! This reminds me that last Tuesday evening, while my DVR was watching the USA-Czech friendly, I was at the Magyar Embassy watching a documentary about Ferenc Puskas. Among other things, I learned that as late as 1962, teams at the level of Real Madrid (where Puskas was playing at the time) apparently had not yet recognized the benefits of forming a wall on free kicks from 35 yards out.

Posted by: universityandpark | May 28, 2010 1:29 PM | Report abuse

In the video, he says "the FIFA Club World Cup will come to town...", which is an interesting misstatement, since that is actually a tournament usually held in Japan.

Posted by: patrickneil | May 28, 2010 4:35 PM | Report abuse

As a fan of the sport Football (Soccer), I honestly wait four years for this event to happen. Not only during the World Cup do you see the greatest display of talent… you see the ENTIRE world come to an abrupt halt just to watch greatness take place. The Nike commercial sums it up as good as anything. World Cup is the best time ever and even if you don’t understand the game… you can’t always enjoy ‘The Women Of The World Cup’ as everyone country is full of beautiful women… check out a gallery @ http://www.lionsdenu.com/soccer-babes-in-body-paint-world-cup-gallery/
So who’s winning 2010?