Argentina vs. Mexico in World Cup round of 16

Two possible results for Argentina vs. Mexico:

1.) Argentina wins, and Coach Diego Maradona says something outrageous.

or

2.) Argentina loses, and Coach Diego Maradona says something fantastically outrageous.

Mexico (1-1-1), which finished second in Group A, faces a tall order against and Albicelestes team that won all three of its Group B games by a combined 7-1.

Game stats and lineups here, in-game commentary here, shot chart here.

By Matt Bonesteel  |  June 27, 2010; 1:51 PM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , Argentina , Mexico
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ghana representing all of Africa in World Cup
Next: Mexico vs. Argentina 2010 World Cup: Argentina wins, 3-1

Comments

Sorry Mexican amigos, I do not like Maradona at all, but we are going to kick some behind today....

Posted by: cordobes17 | June 27, 2010 2:08 PM | Report abuse

gaaahhhh. #@$!%!% FiOS! My box died right at kickoff.... and because it's on ABC there's no espn3 coverage

Posted by: fedssocr | June 27, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

GOAL!

Argentina, Tevez with the goal. The assistant referee gets it all wrong again.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | June 27, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

wow, that non-offside was as bad as the non england goal. horrendous call. why cant fifa just add a goal line judge?

Posted by: PindarPushkin | June 27, 2010 3:00 PM | Report abuse

GOAL!

Higuain for Argentina, a gift from Mexico.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | June 27, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

The goal scorer was 2 to 2 1/2 yds off side. Can't they admit they are wrong. FIFA needs to get new refs, linesmen, and train them. This lot sucks. England had one 2 yds inside the net and no goal. All are getting hosed. Who have they picked out to win the competition. I might just wait for the last game. I hope they don't hose Uruguay just to let Ghana win another one. Right now, they seem like they might.

Posted by: VirginiaFan | June 27, 2010 3:03 PM | Report abuse

this is getting comical with these officials.

Posted by: nairbsod | June 27, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

fedsoccer, can't you just plug your old coaxial cable into the tv and get ABC? They couldn't have completely removed your og cable could they have?

Posted by: DadRyan | June 27, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

i don't have a tuner other than my stb. I use a big Panasonic plasma monitor that doesn't have a tuner. So no ABC. But I am watching Univision's live stream now

Posted by: fedssocr | June 27, 2010 3:36 PM | Report abuse

Ian Darke's linguistic skill or John Harke's remedial english?

Tevez's goal:

"That was excellent . . . . That is . . . . wow {extended pause} . . . . lethal."

Posted by: delantero | June 27, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Harksey wisdom:

"Big teams in big situations need plays from big players."

Posted by: delantero | June 27, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Big TV's need Big Tuners for Big Games...;)
Nice to get these ABC games in HD, because I'm watching everything else on Univision/Telawhatever due to the fact I don't get my ESPN's in HD due to my lack of a "big tuner"... Don't mind watching in Spanish as it's not nearly as irritating as Harkes.

Who the heck was calling the Flounders/Pee Yeeew game today?
Harkes replacement is much worse than the man himself.
Can't stand all the "when I played with so-and-so".

Posted by: DadRyan | June 27, 2010 10:00 PM | Report abuse