Brazil vs. Chile in World Cup round of 16

Brazil was already considered the favorites for this round of 16 matchup, but that may be even more the case given who will be available for both teams: Brazil is expected to get three players back while Chile will have to do without three starters.

For live stats on the game, click here, and for in-game commentary, click here.

For live streaming video of the game, click here.

By Alexa Steele  |  June 28, 2010; 2:00 PM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Netherlands vs. Slovakia: Oranje are into the quarterfinals
Next: Brazil vs. Chile: Brazil advances

Comments

I love Chile, but with their banned players, they are going to get roasted.

Posted by: Reignking | June 28, 2010 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Two quick goals from Brazil. Juan from the corner and Fabiano with the second. This game is over. Might as well just watch this thunderstorm now cause Chile are going to get massacred.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | June 28, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

Can always stick around to see if Kaka gets sent off again.

Thx,

Jay!

Posted by: jayrockers | June 28, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

missed parts of games in the last World Cup due to stupid thunderstorms.... Please soccer gods! Do not knock out my cable and or power!!!!

Posted by: DadRyan | June 28, 2010 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Do not knock out my cable and or power!!!!
Posted by: DadRyan

1-1 in the 70th or 80th minute of the final and our power went out for about 10 minutes. NOOOOOOO!

Posted by: delantero | June 28, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

For almost every weekday game, I've walked next door to the hotel lobby / bar to watch a few minutes. I'm usually the only one there, but today, there were 50 Brazilians.

Posted by: Reignking | June 28, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

It has gone all pear shaped outside.

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | June 28, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

Interesting...just-subbed Mark Gonzales, who looked awful for Chile, was born in Durban, South Africa.

Posted by: Reignking | June 28, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

In twitter account news. Rory Smith, who works for the Telegraph, is reporting that Thierry Henry has left Barcelona as free agent. Red Bulls beckoning?

He also reported that Di Maria has joined Real Madrid from Benfica and signed a six year deal. How is that team going to have room for Kaka, Ronaldo, Di Maria, Benzema, and Van Der Vaart? Some of these names must be shipped out by Morinho.

Here is his link if one wants further confirmation:

Posted by: grubbsbl | June 28, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Also, game over. Fine finish from Robinho.

Posted by: grubbsbl | June 28, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Off Topic, but where is the Post story on the DC United game this past Saturday? I can't find it on the web and I didn't see one in my paper.

Posted by: Dougmacintyre | June 28, 2010 3:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | June 28, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

I thought Henry still had a year left?

And I thought that DiMaria had been done, but maybe not. The David Silver to ManCity move was buried.

Posted by: Reignking | June 28, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, just checked -- Marca saying it is official now but they had it 10 years ago (because they are a Real mouthpiece). 25mm seems like a steal.

Posted by: Reignking | June 28, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

Ah, and you are right about Henry -- that agreement just made today.

Posted by: Reignking | June 28, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

The United write-up is next to the Freedom write-up Doug ;)

I am not complaining, however. The Post's commitment to the World Cup has been extraordinary, and if local coverage suffers, I'm OK with that.

Posted by: OWNTF | June 28, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Right now, How Brazil Is Playing is beating How Brazil Used To Play (when I rooted for them) 3-0.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | June 28, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

Prediction here that the finals will pit Brazil vs. Argentina (sorry, know that is not going out on a limb too much). But I have a good source, God!

See the funny article below.

Posted by: eye95 | June 29, 2010 2:59 AM | Report abuse

Great ! I know Ed Hardy Brand designer ChristianAudigier have a ‘KingofJeans’ reputation. Now, with the summer arrival,I think discount ed hardy will be liked by more people ! Not only young people like Ed Hardy, it is also a popular brand in Hollywood. Ed Hardy superb composition and color-rich design makes a simple T-Shirt line has become street fashion, and ed hardy caps makes people look forward the future look forward.For moredetails information, pls contact with us.mail me if you are interest my collection.

Internet reference:http://picasaweb.google.ca/edhardymarket