Slovakia vs. Netherlands in World Cup round of 16

The Netherlands enters the knockout stage with a perfect record from Group E, while surprising Slovakia stunned Italy 3-2 on Thursday to eliminate the defending World Cup champion.

For live stats on the game, click here, and for in-game commentary, click here.

For live streaming video of the game, click here.

By Alexa Steele  |  June 28, 2010; 10:00 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Sunil Gulati discusses U.S., Bradley, World Cup bid
Next: World Cup poll: Bob Bradley's future as U.S. coach

Comments

Maybe this has been mentioned previously, but have any of you folks caught on to the vuvuzela button on Youtube?

Posted by: DadRyan | June 28, 2010 10:34 AM | Report abuse

Schellotto handball was lame. I blame it on the Jabulani...

AS for the WaPo coverage, I thought Paul Tenorio was supposed to be working on it? Maybe without Goff around to crack the whip dude has gotten lazy. Then again, I think Goff did explain earlier this year that it wouldn't be possible to have someone on the story for every away game. Besides it's not like you couldn't watch the game, do you really need someone to write about it to validate it? I'm just happy the game was on period.

Posted by: DadRyan | June 27, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

I don't want to come down on a fellow United supporter but Dad you are wrong on this one. Do we need somebody to write about the USA, the Wizards, or the Nationals? While we are at it do we need a sports page to validate our support of anybody? I understand day to day shortcomings but the WP should have had somebody cover United's match. The others were correct. It's about respect for the team.

Posted by: blackandred777 | June 28, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

Hey, I hear you. My comment was obnoxious, but it's not the first time United was disrespected by the Post, not to mention just about every news station in the metro area including the channel they have a broadcasting deal with. It comes with the territory.

Blame it on Tenorio. As I said, I thought the guy was supposed to be on the story yet it seems like dude has been taking his own personal vacation while Goff and Co are out of town.

Besides you can find excellent coverage and analysis of the team here:

Posted by: DadRyan | June 28, 2010 10:52 AM | Report abuse

Thanks for the link Dad. I have never seen the site before. I wish I had known about it Saturday night.

Posted by: Gambrills4 | June 28, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

No prob Gambrills, DCUMD and Chest_Rockwell do an excellent job over there.

Posted by: DadRyan | June 28, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

I think the less said about DCU-CLB the better.

Re: NED-SLV, even when these refs aren't deciding the outcome, they still suck. Amazing just how flat-out bad they are. Fortunately it's NOT a physical match and the teams still putting on a good show.

Posted by: Godfather_of_Goals | June 28, 2010 11:21 AM | Report abuse