World Cup TV schedule: U.S. listings for first 3 days

(All times are Eastern U.S.)
FRIDAY'S MATCHES

SOUTH AFRICA vs. MEXICO
Soccer City/Johannesburg, 10 a.m.
English: ESPN.
Spanish: Univision.
Portuguese: ESPN Deportes.
Online: ESPN3.com, Univisionfutbol.com
Delay: ESPN Classic, 6 p.m.

URUGUAY vs. FRANCE
Cape Town, 2:30 p.m.
English: ESPN.
Spanish: Univision.
Portuguese: ESPN Deportes.
Online: ESPN3.com, Univisionfutbol.com
Delay: ESPN Classic, 8 p.m.

SATURDAY'S MATCHES

SOUTH KOREA vs. GREECE
Nelson Mandela Bay/Port Elizabeth, 7:30 a.m.
English: ESPN.
Spanish: Univision.
Portuguese: ESPN Deportes.
Online: ESPN3.com, Univisionfutbol.com
Delay: ESPN Classic, 6 p.m.

More.....

ARGENTINA vs. NIGERIA
Ellis Park/Johannesburg, 10 a.m.
English: ESPN.
Spanish: Univision.
Portuguese: ESPN Deportes.
Online: ESPN3.com, Univisionfutbol.com
Delay: ESPN Classic, 8 p.m.

USA vs. ENGLAND
Rustenburg, 2:30 p.m.
English: ABC.
Spanish: Univision.
Portuguese: ESPN Deportes.
Online: Univisionfutbol.com
Delay: ESPN Classic, 10 p.m.

SUNDAY'S MATCHES

ALGERIA vs. SLOVENIA
Polokwane, 7:30 a.m.
English: ESPN.
Spanish: Univision.
Portuguese: ESPN Deportes.
Online: ESPN3.com, Univisionfutbol.com
Delay: ESPN Classic, 6 p.m.

SERBIA vs. GHANA
Tshwane/Pretoria, 10 a.m.
English: ESPN.
Spanish: Univision.
Portuguese: ESPN Deportes.
Online: ESPN3.com, Univisionfutbol.com
Delay: ESPN Classic, 8 p.m.

GERMANY vs. AUSTRALIA
Durban, 2:30 p.m.
English: ABC.
Spanish: Univision.
Portuguese: ESPN Deportes.
Online: Univisionfutbol.com
Delay: ESPN Classic, 10 p.m.

By Steve Goff  |  June 10, 2010; 11:08 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , TV  | Tags: World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: U.S. World Cup news & notes
Next: World Cup predictions!

Comments

will probably miss the first half of Greece / South Korea, but I think I'm set for the other seven.

There's a lot of intrigue over the first three days. Groups A and D I think are the two groups where it is most difficult to predict who will finish 1 through 4. And then there's the Maradona debacle and the England / USA classic.

Posted by: diego_r | June 10, 2010 11:21 AM | Report abuse

DVR is going to be running full steam. Time to delete all those World at War episodes I've got on it.

Posted by: delantero | June 10, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

One of the great things about teaching high school: I'm finishing up just as the Cup kicks off. I'm hoping to watch every match live.

USA USA USA!!!

Posted by: CYork1 | June 10, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Hey does anyone know where i could find a list of places in D.C. that will be having viewing parties on friday?

Posted by: pino149 | June 10, 2010 11:38 AM | Report abuse

@pino -- I think the Post is putting something like that together for the Weekend section. Going Out Gurus might have it online before.

Posted by: fischy | June 10, 2010 11:49 AM | Report abuse

Already found a website at work that isn't blocked. I arrive at the office at 7, so just in time to watch every game!

Posted by: grubbsbl | June 10, 2010 11:50 AM | Report abuse

OT - could anyone who has ordered/received one please tell me if the new US jerseys are "slim fit" or if they have more of a regular t-shirt fit?

Posted by: VTUnited | June 10, 2010 12:09 PM | Report abuse

grubbs what streaming website have you found that the powers that be don't know about?

Posted by: bluecube | June 10, 2010 12:11 PM | Report abuse

----------------------------------------
I think they are more of a regular fit. I'm thin, so that might skew things, but they aren't as tight fitting as the ones the players wear. I'm sure those are custom. In other words, I normally wear a medium and my jersey is a medium and fits fine.

Posted by: CYork1 | June 10, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Goff, you mention ESPN3, but according to this every game will also be streamed at UnivisionFutbol.com:

Posted by: grabowcp | June 10, 2010 12:28 PM | Report abuse

bluecube -

Check channelsurfing.net

Posted by: CYork1 | June 10, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Thanks CYork1!

Posted by: VTUnited | June 10, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone know if espn3 will be archiving the games? I'd like to watch them when I get home from work, on my computer...

Posted by: Reignking | June 10, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Kev29 | June 10, 2010 12:45 PM | Report abuse

I haven't been this excited about much in quite a while. Matter of fact, last time I was this excited was some 4 years ago. What a coincidnce.

SA 2010 - Believe!