USA vs. Algeria: World Cup group fate will be decided for Americans

Good morning! In case you somehow haven't come down with that curious case of hantavirus and have to be at work today, here are some USA-Algeria links to get you through the match. Follow along with us, won't you?

Live game stats can be found here, while up-to-the-minute commentary is here.

Live chat with Paul Tenorio here.

The game is streaming online here.

Goff has the U.S. lineups and all the match-day details. He talked to Tom LeGro of "PBS Newshour" for this story. Take a listen.

After the game, we're doing another live video chat with D.C. United's Ben Olsen. Stop by to either celebrate or mourn.

An Arizona restaurant is serving up lion burgers in an attempt to give customers the ultimate South African World Cup experience. Ok, then.

By Matt Bonesteel  |  June 23, 2010; 9:14 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , U.S. men's national team
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: USA lineup for World Cup match vs. Algeria
Next: At World Cup, England could be sent home today by Slovenia

Comments

should they be serving "3 Lions burgers"??? Well done, perhaps.

Posted by: fedssocr | June 23, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse

Zing!

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 23, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Bornstein's starting? AAAAAAAAAAAH!

Posted by: jetchs | June 23, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

Former US President Bill Clinton is watching match.
First 20 minutes,US is not so good,Algeria missed an absolute goal.When I write my post,US scored a goal but disallowed.

Posted by: halozcel1 | June 23, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

I can't believe there isn't an easy way to watch the match online. I followed the link you provided and it tells me I don't qualify for ESPN3. Not cool.

Posted by: Ellvee | June 23, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Instead, I'm stuck listening to some fool with a crazy Irish accent that I can't understand. :-(

Posted by: Ellvee | June 23, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Dempsey and Donovan missed two incredible goals.US is overhand after 25 min. and playing well.
After England scored 1-0,US intensified to press,but,one thing,Algeria's contra-attacks are very dangerous.

Posted by: halozcel1 | June 23, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

This is a nail biter of a game, especially since England is so far winning theirs.

Plus you gave me another reason to avoid Arizona.

Posted by: sarahabc | June 23, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

First Halves;

USA 0 - Algeria 0
England 1 - Slovenia 0

I'm watching both matches.
Although nobody knows what happens in Second Halves,but,as far as I see,England is conditioned to win and can beat Slovenia.
In that case,US must win,otherwise can not go on Second Round.In first half,US was overhand and missed absolute goals.
My prediction,US will beat Algeria.

Posted by: halozcel1 | June 23, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

This is incredible,incredible....

Dempsey couldnt score to empty goal...

Posted by: halozcel1 | June 23, 2010 11:15 AM | Report abuse