Video: Netherlands 4, Ghana 1

In a World Cup tuneup in Rotterdam, the Dutch demolished the Black Stars, 4-1, on goals by Dirk Kuyt, Rafael van der Vaart, Wesley Sneijder and Robin van Persie:

By Steve Goff  |  June 2, 2010; 3:53 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , Ghana , Netherlands  | Tags: Ghana, Netherlands, World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: World Cup Travelogue: Day 1
Next: Washington Post's World Cup coverage

Comments

Why did the Dutch wear white at home? Just trying to get some fans to buy the white shirt? Good luck with that Nike...don't know if you noticed that everyone in the stands was in orange.

Posted by: Chest_Rockwell | June 2, 2010 4:56 AM | Report abuse

Sneijder's 25 yd volley off the corner kick was something else. That corner came in so far outside the box the cameras lost track of it. The Dutch play some nice looking football.

Posted by: glfrazier | June 2, 2010 6:15 AM | Report abuse

The third goal was a HIT! Can't say that the corner kick was planned but...

Posted by: silverrey | June 2, 2010 6:29 AM | Report abuse

I'll be rooting for the Dutch in SA, and I don't mean Pennsylvania Dutch....

Posted by: AmishJim | June 2, 2010 8:09 AM | Report abuse

I'll be rooting for the Dutch in SA, and I don't mean Pennsylvania Dutch....

Posted by: AmishJim
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
I'm rooting for USA!!!

Posted by: 9Nine9 | June 2, 2010 8:25 AM | Report abuse

Unless an off-camera Ghanian was behind Sneijder, the Dutchman was offside on the first goal.

On goal 3, they copied Etcheverry-Agoos against KC, many years ago.

I'll be rooting for the USA as always. Can't understand why some Americans don't.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 2, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 2, 2010 9:36 AM | Report abuse

because some of us americans are the children of immigrants. so, i root for (in order): 1. the US 2. germany (where my mom is from) and in the year 2042 3. india (where my dad is from)!

Posted by: birdynumnum | June 2, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

I was referring to those who support other countries not the US. And I'm an immigrant.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 2, 2010 11:58 AM | Report abuse