Vuvuzelas allowed, FIFA says

Now is the time to invest in South African earplug futures.

By Matt Bonesteel  |  June 14, 2010; 3:05 PM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup  | Tags: FIFA, World Cup, vuvuzelas
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Vuvuzelas: Sound pollution or joyful noise?
Next: 2010 MLS salaries made public by players' union

Comments

eh? What's that you said? Couldn't hear you over that joyful noise...

Posted by: JkR- | June 14, 2010 3:20 PM | Report abuse

If you plug the small end, how much beer can it hold?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 14, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

No the time to invest would have been yesterday. Now you are just going to be paying inflated prices for them.

Posted by: tundey | June 14, 2010 4:01 PM | Report abuse

If you plug the small end, how much beer can it hold?Posted by: I-270Exit1

Forget the beer bong, we've got Beerzuela?

Posted by: delantero | June 14, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Another reason to ban . . . fourth "not a soccer fan" today says "What's the deal with those horns? They're so annoying."

Posted by: delantero | June 14, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

forget the earplugs, get in on the ground floor with a hearing aid company, then wait 20 years. Step 3: profit!

Posted by: dimesmakedollars | June 14, 2010 4:37 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | June 14, 2010 4:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: universityandpark | June 14, 2010 5:08 PM | Report abuse

I second that emotion BaRRD! Ha! Thanks for the laugh lady!

Posted by: DadRyan | June 14, 2010 5:26 PM | Report abuse

"Look, if they were serious about banning incessant, annoying, monotonous noise John Harkes would be on a plane back to New York."

What about that Ally McBeal commentator? We want sub-titles!

Posted by: Bartolo1 | June 14, 2010 5:42 PM | Report abuse

Ok we'll embrace your culture of 10 cent plastic horns. But we'll also embrace never having another major sporting event in Africa. Great job!

Posted by: Conservativemindsareinshackles | June 14, 2010 10:08 PM | Report abuse

Nice, Devil!

I saw a girl with giant headphones on during the Italy game to protect her ears...

Posted by: Reignking | June 14, 2010 10:50 PM | Report abuse

I can't be the only one who remembers that this used to be the familiar sound of LA Galaxy games back in the old Rose Bowl days. It wasn't as constant as it is in SA but these games sure bring back memories for me. I kind of like it.

Posted by: Fighton | June 15, 2010 12:51 AM | Report abuse

So this wonderful instrument is part of their "culture", huh? I guess that doesn't say much for their culture.

Posted by: atven | June 15, 2010 2:15 AM | Report abuse

Call me crazy but I hardly see anyone in the stands blowing on those things. It would seem impossible to keep that harmony everyday of every game. I think it's something that is played on the sound system.

Posted by: Run-4st-Run | June 15, 2010 9:27 AM | Report abuse