Washington Post's World Cup coverage

With the World Cup set to kick off next week, The Post has introduced a variety of features, news feeds, videos and blogs to complement the coverage from South Africa. The main page provides access to all you need, including:

*A global map with team news, matchups and group information.

*Video of U.S. players talking about how they got their start in soccer.

*A historical database to search results of past World Cups.

*A new blog for fans traveling to the World Cup, hosted by South Africa-bound Post staffers Matt Brooks and Tim Ball.

*Today's feature from our foreign service focuses on Lionel Messi.

By Steve Goff  |  June 2, 2010; 4:27 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , U.S. men's national team  | Tags: South Africa, U.S. national team, Washington Post, World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Video: Netherlands 4, Ghana 1
Next: U.S. World Cup team, down on the farm

Comments

Love the player interviews. Are you going to get one of Deuce rapping?

Posted by: Southeasterner | June 2, 2010 7:48 AM | Report abuse

At what point can I completely place work on the back burner and start only focusing on the World Cup? Do I at least have to wait until the start of next week?

Posted by: grubbsbl | June 2, 2010 7:53 AM | Report abuse

So, Rossi cut...not surprised, really. But Bennni McCarthy?

Posted by: Reignking | June 2, 2010 8:49 AM | Report abuse

Hey Grubby, let's ALL call in sick during the cup.

They CAN'T fire us. Who would explain the foul-throw, injury-time and why the players wear boots instead of cleats?

We are IN-DE-FREEKING-SPENSIBLE!!!

Posted by: 9Nine9 | June 2, 2010 8:50 AM | Report abuse

And you would answer, for the umpteenth time, "what happened to the African kid, Freddy something?"

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 2, 2010 9:04 AM | Report abuse

The Post world map application is really cool - and well put together. One of the 4 billion World Cup info pages out on the intertubes that I'll actually use this month.

Posted by: Kev29 | June 2, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

vuvuzela!!

Posted by: vuvuzela | June 2, 2010 12:36 PM | Report abuse

I AM REALLY A FOOTBALL ENTHUSIASTIC I HAVE FIFA WEBSITE MEMBERSHIP I WANNA SHARE MY OPINION AND TO HEAR FROM OTHER WASHINGTON POST MAY BEGUN XTRA CAMPAIGN FOR THIS OCCASION I SUPPORT USA TEAM BUT NOW A DAY S I AM THINKING PLAYERS SOME TOME TRY TO BETRAY WITH SUPPORTER IF THE DONT DO SO
USA TEAM MAY WIN THE WORLD UP AS USA PROVIDE MOST FAVORABLE CHANCES FOR FOOTBALLER.

Posted by: masumanwar | June 3, 2010 4:25 AM | Report abuse