Watch World Cup live streaming for France-Uruguay

In case you can't get near a TV, ESPN3.com will have the France-Uruguay game streaming online.

By Matt Bonesteel  |  June 11, 2010; 1:43 PM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: World Cup scores and schedules
Next: Bradley: Altidore will start in World Cup opener

Comments

The images of the Archbishop Desmond Tutu dancing have made the tournament for me!

Posted by: delantero | June 11, 2010 2:24 PM | Report abuse

It was Shakira for me. We're different people, Delantero...

Not that there's anything wrong with that... ;)

Posted by: JkR- | June 11, 2010 2:27 PM | Report abuse

The video quality has been nearly unwatchable for both Mexico-South Africa and this game. Any hope for better quality soon?

Posted by: patricktmetz | June 11, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

Shakira wore a really weird tutu.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 11, 2010 2:43 PM | Report abuse

You can adjust the video quality at the bottom right, where it reads "video quality."

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 11, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Frankie not relaxed. Gets a yellow.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 11, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I thought about that. It's not working in either Safari or Firefox, despite my increasingly frustrated clicking.

Posted by: patricktmetz | June 11, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

ESPN FAIL. The first game came through but now I can't access any of the video feeds.

Posted by: DCU-ATL | June 11, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

I'm doing well at ATDHE.net give it a shot.

Posted by: JkR- | June 11, 2010 3:07 PM | Report abuse

Yeah ESPN has totally failed on our end. And for this we pay them money??!!

SJK that.

I was hoping to find some better alternatives here...

But right now try tvbunch.com... it's in russian, but it works.

Posted by: DikShuttle | June 11, 2010 3:09 PM | Report abuse

WaPo, can we get any news updates on why the ESPN3 fail is so pervasive?

YouTube gets tons of traffic every day, they don't go down. What gives?

Posted by: DikShuttle | June 11, 2010 3:10 PM | Report abuse

BECKHAM!!!

False alarm. Got ya.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 11, 2010 3:16 PM | Report abuse

ESPN has their own discussion boards. There may be something useful posted there.

Hahahahaha...I just read what I typed....

Posted by: JkR- | June 11, 2010 3:17 PM | Report abuse

Nope - that's down now too.

Thanks FIFA for FIF'n it up again this year. What is the problem?! It's soooooo basic.

I'm thinkin' if we can find a proxy browsing host somehwere BBC serves, we can watch on BBC1 - - anyone?

Posted by: DikShuttle | June 11, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Univision has the games streaming on their website, too. I can't listen to the audio at work, so it doesn't matter that they're in Spanish.

Posted by: Kenobi | June 11, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

What kind of problem are you having??? I've found dozen's of working streams, including ESPN's?

You can't get ATDHE? Justin? Channelsurfing? Iraqgoals? Fifatv.info?

Posted by: JkR- | June 11, 2010 3:23 PM | Report abuse

ATDHE.net is pretty decent. The quality is closer to "World Cup match" than "light colored blobs running around on a green thing". And they're streaming ESPN's feed. Leave it to the pirates to get it right.

Posted by: patricktmetz | June 11, 2010 3:25 PM | Report abuse

Picture quality stinks. I haven't seen a single goal yet in this game!

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | June 11, 2010 3:26 PM | Report abuse

tvbunch is back

Posted by: DikShuttle | June 11, 2010 3:39 PM | Report abuse

Thx JkR - I'll juggle between those.

I think admins may be blocking real player streams which univision seems to be employing. ( I tried them, too).

ESPN3- we can't even get to the sign on page (could this am).

Posted by: DikShuttle | June 11, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Ok - now it's gettin gritty. Yellow card is out!

Posted by: DikShuttle | June 11, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Henry about to come in. Other Frech sub is Blanc for Domenech.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 11, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

ESPN3 works at my house. Don't need it for this, but I'm couting on watching some replays on there over the next couple weeks.

Posted by: DadRyan | June 11, 2010 3:58 PM | Report abuse

how do you miss that shot?!

Posted by: DikShuttle | June 11, 2010 4:00 PM | Report abuse

Roja Directa?

Posted by: DadRyan | June 11, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Was that the 2nd yellow? The ref checked his book and then showed the red.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 11, 2010 4:11 PM | Report abuse

Lodiero saw yellow in the 65th and another in the 81st.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 11, 2010 4:17 PM | Report abuse

To those who couldn't watch that match, consider yourselves lucky.

Posted by: rss317 | June 11, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

ok day. Weird seeing Lalas and Gullit sitting and talking in the post game... Ruud read the Beckham experiment right?

Posted by: DadRyan | June 11, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

I feel terrible for the poor Uruguayan who was sent off for his 2nd yellow.

Does anyone remember that game against Italy in the last World Cup when Mastroeni and Pope were sent off a few minutes apart from each other - I wonder what country that ref was from?

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | June 11, 2010 5:12 PM | Report abuse

Joel_M_Lane -

Let the conspiracy theories start. The ref in that US - Italy match was Jorge Larrionda from Uruguay.

Posted by: harkes4ever | June 11, 2010 5:27 PM | Report abuse

wow, that URU - FRA game took me back to the 1990 WC, where almost EVERY game was as boring as that game.

Posted by: birdynumnum | June 11, 2010 5:37 PM | Report abuse

yeah, that 2nd game was a dud. Uruguay's defense played very well, but that didn't really make for great theater. if only South Africa could have found that 2nd goal, my day would have been made.

still 46 1st round matches to go, though! then again, maybe I'll sleep in while S. Korea and Greece slog it out at 7:30am ET.

as my friend commented today, does Gullit ever look at Lalas and think "how the hell was that guy ever my boss?"

Posted by: dimesmakedollars | June 11, 2010 6:09 PM | Report abuse

Did anyone else who watched the final stages of this game think Chris Pontius was coming onto the game when the French sent Gignac on as a sub?

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | June 11, 2010 9:00 PM | Report abuse