Weekend soccer TV listings

What are you going to watch?
FRIDAY

Brazil, Santos-Vasco da Gama 3 p.m. GolTV
WPS, Chicago-Atlanta 6 p.m. FSC
MONDAY
Friendly, Brazil-Tanzania 11 a.m. ESPN Deportes

By Steve Goff  |  June 3, 2010; 3:55 PM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , MLS , TV  | Tags: MLS, World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Jozy Altidore has mild ankle sprain
Next: Stalking the Big Five

Comments

Looking forward to the Aussie match. Do you think BB will go with his preferred lineup for the England match? But, minus Altidore and Bocanegra it appears.
Or will he still be making decisions in the midfield (Torres, Edu, Holden, Dempsey, Clark) and defense (Gooch, Spector, Dolo)?

Posted by: FrancoNiell | June 3, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

The Dutch are a good team with very good players up front in Van Persie, Kuyt, and Robben. I'm interested in seeing them against Hungary before the WC begins next week. I expect the Dutch to advance to the round of 16 and it wouldn't surprise me if they go further in the tournament.

I won't be able to resist watching Italy dismantle the Swiss. As defending WC champs Italy will be a strong contender in SA.

Posted by: kmp1 | June 3, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

My on screen guide says France-China is on ESPN2 tomorrow as well. Would be random, but kind of cool if true.

Posted by: LovetheGoffer | June 3, 2010 4:52 PM | Report abuse

The Dutch are a good team with very good players up front in Van Persie, Kuyt,

Posted by: kmp1 | June 3, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

i am with you kmp1. i had the dutch as my "wild card" to win it all, EXCEPT that there is a good chance that the dutch could play the italians in the round of 16, then the brazilians in the round of 8.

Posted by: birdynumnum | June 3, 2010 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Crikey, my U8s play at 10:30, so I'll miss the 2nd half of the Australia match.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 3, 2010 5:16 PM | Report abuse

Tomorrow's France-China game shows up as being on ESPN2 on their website, too:

Posted by: Joel_M_Lane | June 3, 2010 6:05 PM | Report abuse

I have just one question, Goffinho: Are you REALLY going to post this thread NEXT week?

Posted by: BaltoFan | June 3, 2010 9:31 PM | Report abuse

great coverage of the WC so far guys. Tenorio wrote a great article on the importance of defending in HS soccer in today's paper.

need to hear more about "the group" including algeria as getting out of the group is so important now....don't focus exclusively on us v england please

Posted by: joe40 | June 4, 2010 9:03 AM | Report abuse