World Cup 2010: results and live streaming

Check out the scoreboard here and our interactive map page, with up-to-the-minute group standings here. The latest World Cup news is here.

Winston Reid's header in injury time gives New Zealand a 1-1 draw with Slovakia.

The Ivory Coast and Portugal battle to a 0-0 draw.

Watch the Brazil vs. North Korea game online here. Liz Clarke reports from Ellis Park that it's quite chilly, with temps predicted to plunge into the 20s.

By Matt Bonesteel  |  June 15, 2010; 1:47 PM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: What's in a name? If it's Jabulani, happiness!
Next: Talking World Cup with D.C. United

Comments

Good time time to point out my rise to the top of the table again in the Insider Loyalists Fantasy League.

Normal service has resumed...

Posted by: JkR- | June 15, 2010 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Is it technically fantasy if it's just a match predictor?
I'm bummed so few folks actually signed up for the FIFA.com fantasy league, you know you can still join the Argy Bargy Goff league if you're up for it.

Posted by: DadRyan | June 15, 2010 2:17 PM | Report abuse

OK, probably not Fantasy...mea culpa.

Posted by: JkR- | June 15, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, I guess people could, and just pick players that haven't played yet?

Posted by: Reignking | June 15, 2010 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Reignking | June 15, 2010 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Does Brazil score 10 today? That would be amazing to me.

Posted by: grubbsbl | June 15, 2010 2:31 PM | Report abuse

The following comment appeared on one of yesterday's threads. There were several subsequent comments in that thread, but no one saw fit to remark on this contribution, which I am reproducing in its entirety:
_________________________________________

Tobacco is an American tradition as it was discovered here so I want my right to smoke in public again throughout the world. Is smoking allowed there in the stadiums in SA? It is said that the sound causes ear damage just as second hand smoke causes "lung damage". Ban the vulvas.

Posted by: teacherinchina69 | June 14, 2010 6:17 PM
_________________________________________

Posted by: universityandpark | June 15, 2010 2:33 PM | Report abuse

On a side note, I am doing just terrible in the score predictor banaza for Insider Loyalists.

Posted by: grubbsbl | June 15, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

I'm guessing folks can sign up still? It's not like people have ran away with anything quite yet. So many low scoring games, etc.
Thanks for reposting the link king.

Posted by: DadRyan | June 15, 2010 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Can we have captions for the Scottish announcer?

Posted by: paulkp | June 15, 2010 2:40 PM | Report abuse

Is it me, or are every goalkeeper's punts going from 18 to 18?

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | June 15, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

I'm not sure whether anyone has already posted a link to this Steinbog contribution:

Posted by: universityandpark | June 15, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

N. Korea has held Brazil scoreless for longer than we held England! :-)

Posted by: glfrazier | June 15, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

In England, where soccer and English were invented, punting is a form of boating. So I don't know what you're talking about.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 15, 2010 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Nope, JoeDoc, it's...

Wait for it...

JABULANI!

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 15, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Dunga in a Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation jacket (minus the epaulets).

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 15, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

If Brazil keep taking the ball back at the halfway line, they will never see fewer than 8 Koreans behind the ball.

Posted by: glfrazier | June 15, 2010 2:51 PM | Report abuse

That's "Miss Jackson" if you're nasty.

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | June 15, 2010 2:55 PM | Report abuse

Wow. North Korea have brought "The People's Bus" with them to this one.

Posted by: Kosh2 | June 15, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

How many North Koreans could DCU fit under the salary cap?

Posted by: Godfather_of_Goals | June 15, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

Umm, so is Johannesburg really pronounced 'Yohannesburg' or is Glenn Davis (ESPN) just the world's biggest moron?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm about to go 'yogging'

Posted by: Kev29 | June 15, 2010 3:15 PM | Report abuse

Does Brazil score 10 today? That would be amazing to me.Posted by: grubbsbl

0-0 at half. Will Brasil score at all today? That would be amazing to me :)

Posted by: delantero | June 15, 2010 3:19 PM | Report abuse

this is the kind of frustrating game that awaits the US (and me) on friday (obviously, brazil > US and slovenia > north korea). how to break this "park the bus" strategy? hope our boys watched the germany v australia game...

Posted by: birdynumnum | June 15, 2010 3:21 PM | Report abuse

@birdynumnum - Spot on! The US must spread the field and control the middle. If ether was ever a game for Holden on the wing and Torres in the middle this would be it.

The Jabulani is in your court, Mr. Bradley.

Posted by: Kosh2 | June 15, 2010 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Maybe Dear Leader is threatening Brazil with torpedoes.

Posted by: Reignking | June 15, 2010 3:31 PM | Report abuse

Wow. North Korea have brought "The People's Bus" with them to this one.
Posted by: Kosh2
==============

Ironically, there is no-one on the DPRK team named Park.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 15, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Wow, the DPKR keeper can't blame the ball for that gaffe. Worst near post coverage, ever.

Posted by: delantero | June 15, 2010 3:42 PM | Report abuse

Shot or cross?

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 15, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

Doesn't matter if it's in the net.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 15, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

In the name of Hans Brixx, how did he let that one go in?

Posted by: Kosh2 | June 15, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

Of course, we do need a neologism for the shot/cross. I suggest crot rather than shoss.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 15, 2010 3:47 PM | Report abuse

ESPN Stats & Info: So far in the tournament, defenders have outscored forwards 7-6. (Midfielders have the 8 remaining goals.)

Posted by: Reignking | June 15, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

I'm waiting for the DPRK to sub in their 3rd keeper.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 15, 2010 3:54 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Reignking | June 15, 2010 3:50 PM
_________________________________________

The corollary is that the 21 goals have been scored by 21 different people, if I'm not mistaken. The race for the Golden Boot or whatever they call it has not yet gotten underway in earnest.

Posted by: universityandpark | June 15, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

That. Was. Sublime.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 15, 2010 3:57 PM | Report abuse

What the...?

Posted by: JkR- | June 15, 2010 4:14 PM | Report abuse

I'd love to see Korea put a second one in the back of the net...

Posted by: DadRyan | June 15, 2010 4:16 PM | Report abuse

So, in North Korea, they won 1-0, right?

Posted by: Reignking | June 15, 2010 4:19 PM | Report abuse

You can see why ESPN dumped most of their American commentators to the radio or completely off of Cup coverage. Kyle Martino said that Maicon's goal was one of the best strikes he's seen in a long time. Really? Looked like pretty poor goaltending to me. Then Davis and Martino kind of downplayed the second goal - while Tyler and McCoist waxed poetic about it. Just kind of funny how people from different backgrounds see the game.

Posted by: Kev29 | June 15, 2010 4:27 PM | Report abuse

check out my buddy's world cup blog for an on the ground perspective from s africa:
billythinnes.wordpress.com

Posted by: davezerk | June 15, 2010 6:29 PM | Report abuse

I think most goalies would have "cheated" on that first Brazilian goal. 90% credit goes to the strike, and 10% blame to the keeper. You have to gamble like that if you're playing a much better side.

Posted by: paulkp | June 15, 2010 8:27 PM | Report abuse