World Cup live streaming

To watch the Algeria-Slovenia and Serbia-Ghana matches online, click here. NOTE: The Germany-Australia match will only be streamed online on a delayed basis. That match will be televised by ABC.

Slovenia earned its first-ever World Cup victory, a 1-0 win over Algeria, which was playing with only 10 men for about the last 10 minutes.

By Matt Bonesteel  |  June 13, 2010; 9:11 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tim Howard status unclear for 2nd World Cup game
Next: World Cup scores

Comments

THe Yahoo groups standings are screwed up. JkR, with 12 points, is in ranked 48th. I'm in 27th with 5.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 13, 2010 9:33 AM | Report abuse

Am I the only one surprised to see Essien starting?

FIFA Fantasy Table

1 Berry Trainers atrain-76 47 47
2 Piano & Shoeshine Tzoni10 38 38
3 AssocFoot United assocfoot 30 30
4 RK United Reignking 28 28
5 Globules Hackmo11 26 26
6 Buckingham United DadRyan 24 24
7 Atlanta-Ish SC Jacob-ATLish 19 19
8 Fischy Fanatics fischy 16 16
9 DCUDaytonUSA mfj626 11 11

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 13, 2010 9:59 AM | Report abuse

hi !
Cheap retail watch, sunglasses, belt, hats/caps, High quality T-shirts,
ED hardy t-shirts,ED Hardy hoodies,ED hardy ,Jeans,GUCCI shoes,LV Handbag,Chanel
Handbag……high quality,low price.welcome to

Posted by: rfghhjhk | June 13, 2010 10:02 AM | Report abuse

That Slovenia-Algeria game was another slog. Nothing to be too concerned about for the US based on that. But our defense will
need to avoid any lapses against Slovenia because it will be hard to break them down. I think it will be up to Donovan and Dempsey to widen the field and create some space in the middle to operate in.

Posted by: dimesmakedollars | June 13, 2010 10:15 AM | Report abuse

Never mind. It's not Essien. It was Kolo Toure.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 13, 2010 10:16 AM | Report abuse

What am I thinking? It wasn't him either...

I give up on figuring out who it was I saw.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 13, 2010 10:27 AM | Report abuse

Is Subotic playing? :-)

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 13, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

the stat that scares the hell out of me: 86% of teams that win their first game, go through to the second round. assuming england goes through, statistically at least, slovenia beats out the US. is the game on friday essentially a single elimination game now? (stupid algeria goalie...)

Posted by: birdynumnum | June 13, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Algeria were down to 10 men and their keeper screwed up, so I wouldn't put too much emphasis in the 86% stat.

On another note, the Parade All-Americans are out.
Girls: Alex Doll (Bethesda, MD), Jenna Richmond (Centreville, VA), and Tori Allen (Stafford, VA).
Boys: Marquez Feranndez (Baltimore, MD) is the only local.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 13, 2010 10:42 AM | Report abuse

I didn't know that ESPN is also televising some games with Arab, German, Japanese, Portuguese and Korean commentary. (DirecTV Ch. 210-1)

Very happy with ESPN's coverage of this tournament.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | June 13, 2010 11:09 AM | Report abuse

Unfortunate for the US. An Algeria-Slovenia tie, along with our result would have been about the best scenario we could have reasonably hoped for. Now we need to get at least a point on Friday, or we might as well pack our bags. The good news is that if we can pull out the win, we're almost sure to go through, and even one point leaves us in decent shape with Slovenia playing England, and us playing Algeria in the last game.

Posted by: BooThisMan | June 13, 2010 11:19 AM | Report abuse

Subotic playing for the red, white, and blue - of Serbia.

Ghana 1-0 on a PK after a Serbian handball in the box.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 13, 2010 11:41 AM | Report abuse