World Cup live streaming

Can't play hooky from work today? Not a problem. Just go here for World Cup live streaming of Japan vs. Cameroon and Italy vs. Paraguay.

By Matt Bonesteel  |  June 14, 2010; 9:35 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Tim Howard cleared to play for USA in World Cup
Next: 'Soccer's Lost Boys' to air Wednesday

Comments

Allez Indomitable Lions!

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 14, 2010 9:57 AM | Report abuse

Local radio station just said the Rays will wear soccer style jerseys in support of the USA team tonight against the braves. Nice touch.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 14, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Anyone get in trouble watching these streams at work? Does it really slow down the corporate network or is it neglible? I changed my computer name and O/S login just to make it harder to detect. :-)

Posted by: Charisma_Man | June 14, 2010 10:03 AM | Report abuse

Why do you tease me like that? ESPN3 is blocked here (along with every other thing I have tried, including espnradio).

Posted by: Reignking | June 14, 2010 10:05 AM | Report abuse

I'm not playing hooky, I'm teleworking.

Posted by: jmingus | June 14, 2010 10:08 AM | Report abuse

ESPN3 excludes some ISPs, including mine. I have found other ways of watching online, though.

Posted by: shmoozer | June 14, 2010 10:12 AM | Report abuse

shmoozer, any chance you could share those other ways?

Posted by: kacd | June 14, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

Marca showing us the best of Holland-Denmark off the field, vuvuzelas excluded.

Posted by: Reignking | June 14, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

univision link worked for me on friday. I don't know it, someone else posted it. And I am actually doing work today so I don't have time to watch. ESPN3 is blocked for me too.

Posted by: grubbsbl | June 14, 2010 10:25 AM | Report abuse

I would share but I'm afraid to publicize them -- copyright lawyers are out in full force shutting every stream down. Veetle has been especially hard hit. Sorry.

Posted by: shmoozer | June 14, 2010 10:36 AM | Report abuse

One shot in 35 or so minutes of the first half in the Cameroon-Japan match? Don't let it slip to the soccer bashers, but this Cup has been pretty blah.

Posted by: Kev29 | June 14, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

espn3 blocked but univision works great.

Posted by: Mig18 | June 14, 2010 10:38 AM | Report abuse

Honda for Japan. No goals by Yamaha, Kawasaki, or Suzuki.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 14, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Yes! My "blah" comment induces a goal!

Posted by: Kev29 | June 14, 2010 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Toyota goes screeching into the ad boards

Posted by: Kev29 | June 14, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

Glad I didn't bother taping this match.

Posted by: Reignking | June 14, 2010 10:43 AM | Report abuse

Will have to try Univision.

"ESPN3.com is available at no charge to fans who receive their high-speed internet connection from an ESPN3.com affiliated internet service provider. ESPN3.com is also available to fans that access the internet from U.S. college campuses and U.S. military bases.

Your current computer network falls outside of these categories."

Posted by: nairbsod | June 14, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Can Goff get this spammer blocked? Someone twit someone or something already.

Posted by: DadRyan | June 14, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

Univision! Rock on! No I just have to hope work doesn't catch on until after Friday.

Posted by: kacd | June 14, 2010 10:50 AM | Report abuse

Kacd... Thats why I have avoided Univision today cause I need if on Friday. I am just going to watch the Holland and Italy games archieved on ESPN3 because I am the only person in the world who doesn't have a DVR. Yes, I will watch the games even though I know the score.

DadRyan, those spammers keep popping up on other WasPo blogs to. Can't stand them

Posted by: grubbsbl | June 14, 2010 10:56 AM | Report abuse

Lexus is showing some real class.

Or did I just over-egg the pudding?

Posted by: benonthehill | June 14, 2010 11:00 AM | Report abuse

Lexus is showing some real class.

Posted by: benonthehill | June 14, 2010 11:00 AM

Alexis? As Roberto Martinez referred to Alexi Lalas? Highlight of my weekend... that name has to stick for the ginger tool bag.

Posted by: Kev29 | June 14, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Japan has 100% shooting percentage...nice!

Posted by: Reignking | June 14, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Japan are parking the Honda Element.

Posted by: Reignking | June 14, 2010 11:33 AM | Report abuse

I wonder where I can get a cheap retail watch?

Posted by: nairbsod | June 14, 2010 11:44 AM | Report abuse

Now that's your biggest upset yet...

Posted by: Reignking | June 14, 2010 11:53 AM | Report abuse

Almost 50 fouls in the game. Just awful, glad I missed it!

Posted by: harkes4ever | June 14, 2010 12:00 PM | Report abuse

Is there any way on earth that Italy-Paraguay won't be incredibly dire this afternoon? Two teams that love putting players behind the ball so much that they might not manage to even kick it off.

Posted by: Kev29 | June 14, 2010 12:16 PM | Report abuse

Itlay-Paraguay might look a little like this:

Posted by: harkes4ever | June 14, 2010 12:32 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Kev29
==========

No, so get ready for the "I only watch soccer every four years and it's boring" comments.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 14, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Kev29 | June 14, 2010 12:52 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 14, 2010 12:51 PM

I have to say, they've taken me a little by surprise this time around. I'm not sure why. Also not sure why people can't get their heads around the fact that we played England a couple days ago and not the "UK" or "the Brits".

Posted by: Kev29 | June 14, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

I agree that this World Cup so far has been fairly blah. It's really FIFA's own fault for meddling with the ball every four years. Supposedly, this new ball was going to add to scoring because it moved faster and truer. In fact, it is slightly less predictable in the air compared to what players are accustomed, and the people suffering most are attackers, not goalies. What creates scoring is accurate passing into the box. If passes are off by even a foot or two, scoring chances are ruined, and giving players a month or two to practice with a new ball pretty much ensures that nobody is going to be accurate with their passes.

Germany seems to have figured out the new ball, but even a lot of their passes were badly off. No one else has shown crisp attacking yet.

I hate to blame the ball, and I avoided doing so until now, but it's harder and harder to escape the fact that switching in a new ball for a major tournament is simply a bad idea.

Posted by: blert | June 14, 2010 1:16 PM | Report abuse

I'm not playing hooky, I'm teleworking.

Posted by: jmingus | June 14, 2010 10:08 AM
__________________________________________

Some of us are teleworking from barstools.

Posted by: universityandpark | June 14, 2010 4:44 PM | Report abuse

Now that the Italy-Paraguay match is in the books, do people stand by their comments about how "blah" it was? I didn't think so, especially after Paraguay drew first blood.

Posted by: universityandpark | June 14, 2010 4:57 PM | Report abuse