World Cup Poll: USA-England

By Steve Goff  |  June 12, 2010; 5:44 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , England , Poll , U.S. men's national team  | Tags: USA-England, World Cup poll
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Saturday kickaround
Next: World Cup scores

Comments

USA! USA! USA! Delusional or not EVERYONE should be picking the USA here!!!

Posted by: nairbsod | June 12, 2010 6:28 AM | Report abuse

Awesome that the US winning is leading the poll! I was right about the British only reading tabloids I guess. ;)

USA! USA! USA!

Posted by: DadRyan | June 12, 2010 8:22 AM | Report abuse

It's hard not to hear any British commentator who isn't sworn to PC utterances talk about the Brits in this group without sensing some delicious hubris.

The only thing standing in the way, IMO, is Capello. He's not an idiot, he's told his team a few things. I hope that the super-stars let the advice slip through their noggins, thinking they have this one.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | June 12, 2010 8:39 AM | Report abuse

So, do you think Bradley called Materazzi for some advice on taunts to Rooney?

Posted by: nairbsod | June 12, 2010 8:44 AM | Report abuse

By far the most likely result is a 0-0 draw, the traditional soccer result favored by true fans. ZZZZZZ.

Until they widen the bars two feet on each side and raise the top bar two feet, scoring will remain sufficiently rare that Americans will switch the channel to reruns of Andy Griffith in droves. Only with a major rooting interest is it even bearable to watch a game.

Better have the DVR cranked up if you do watch the game -- if by chance someone scores a goal, it sure would be a shame to have it happen when you are on a potty break or a beer run to the kitchen. Speaking of which, 45 minutes between breaks in the game are really TV-hostile. This is like watching four-corners stalls in basketball before there was a shot clock. Traditionalists there opposed the shot clock that made basketball a fun game to watch.

Posted by: dolph924 | June 12, 2010 10:18 AM | Report abuse

Guess we got another link from the home page! Welcome dinosaur!

Quality homerism going on in the poll - and why not?! I'm going for a wild 2-2 draw with a late equalizer and a sending off or two.

Posted by: Kev29 | June 12, 2010 10:44 AM | Report abuse

Please don't encourage the idiots. They feed off the attention.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 12, 2010 10:54 AM | Report abuse

Wow, 44% for USA and only 25% for England. Awesome! C'mon you Yanks!

Posted by: rachel751 | June 12, 2010 11:27 AM | Report abuse

I HATE DINGLAND!!!
USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

Posted by: 9Nine9 | June 12, 2010 12:51 PM | Report abuse

The game was pretty lame. Guys running up and down the field for 94 minutes and at the end, we were no closer to understanding who the better team was than when we started.

As to the people who keep telling me soccer is all action, as I watched, guys after they would do something (run to the goal), would all stand around to catch their breath.

I have to say, people who told me this soccer stuff was all action have never seen a hockey game. This game was truly awful. In 90 minutes, a total of 9 shots on goal.

On the other hand, it is a good game to drink a beer and talk to your friends. You can wander away 20 minutes at a time and nothing much has changed.

Posted by: Ombudsman1 | June 12, 2010 7:34 PM | Report abuse

I never understood the soccer-haters need to voice their dislike of the sport. I don't go to bowling blogs (or baseball ones, either, for that matter) and say how boring their sport is. Get a life.

Thoroughly enjoyable game. Loving every second of WC 2010 so far!

Posted by: PrinceBuster21 | June 12, 2010 8:09 PM | Report abuse

"I don't go to bowling blogs (or baseball ones, either, for that matter)"

First, this isn't a blog. I don't know what you call this. But it ain't a blog.

"and say how boring their sport is"

Bowling isn't a sport, it's a pastime, like darts, or playing pinochle.

"Get a life"

I had one until I wasted it on a 1-1 game that was meaningless in result.

Posted by: Ombudsman1 | June 12, 2010 9:25 PM | Report abuse

Umm . . . . it's a blog.

Goodbye now, little boy.

Posted by: stancollins | June 12, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

hi !
Cheap retail watch, sunglasses, belt, hats/caps, High quality T-shirts,
ED hardy t-shirts,ED Hardy hoodies,ED hardy ,Jeans,GUCCI shoes,LV Handbag,Chanel
Handbag……high quality,low price.welcome to