World Cup TV viewing heats up

Monday is the final standard day of World Cup first-round viewing with the usual three matches at separate times. Starting Tuesday, make sure your remote control and DVR/TiVo are in working order for group games taking place simultaneously.

The last set of second group games take place today:

MATCHDAY 11
Portugal (0-0-1) vs. North Korea (0-1-0), 7:30 a.m. ET
ESPN, Univision, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3.com (ESPN Classic at 6)
Prediction: Portugal, 1-0.

Chile (1-0-0) vs. Switzerland (1-0-0), 10 a.m.
ESPN, Univision, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3.com (ESPN Classic at 8)
Prediction: Chile, 1-0.

Spain (0-1-0) vs. Honduras (0-1-0), 2:30 p.m.
ESPN, Univision, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3.com (ESPN Classic at 10)
Prediction: Spain, 3-1.

For Tuesday.....

Tuesday: MATCHDAY 12
Mexico (1-0-1) vs. Uruguay (1-0-1), 10 a.m. ET
ESPN, Univision, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3.com (ESPN Classic at 6)
Prediction: 1-1.

South Africa (0-1-1) vs. France (0-1-1), 10 a.m.
ESPN2, Telefutura, ESPN3.com (ESPN Classic at 8)
Prediction: South Africa, 1-0.

South Korea (1-1) vs. Nigeria (0-2), 2:30 p.m.
ESPN2, Telefutura, ESPN3.com (ESPN Classic at midnight)
Prediction: South Korea, 1-0.

Argentina (2-0) vs. Greece (1-1), 2:30 p.m.
ESPN, Univision, ESPN Deportes, ESPN3.com (ESPN Classic at 10)
Prediction: Argentina, 2-0.

By Steve Goff  |  June 21, 2010; 6:38 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , TV  | Tags: World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Kaka's red card 'totally unjust,' Dunga says
Next: Referee boss addresses World Cup calls

Comments

Does anyone know what is going to happen with the univision stream? Are they going to show both games or just one? Any one that can read Spanish, or that knows the site, and could help me out would be amazing.

Right now, I just have the link that takes you directly to the streamed game bookmarked.

Posted by: grubbsbl | June 21, 2010 7:21 AM | Report abuse

Today I will be productive and not watch any of the matches.

Translation: I have a lot of catching up to do because I've been watching so many matches.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 21, 2010 7:25 AM | Report abuse

Same here I-270. I guess that means I should stop "wasting time" on this site too.

Posted by: grubbsbl | June 21, 2010 7:41 AM | Report abuse

9 minutes in the Portugal-N. Korea match and the Portuguese already looking more dangerous. As I type that Korea almost score from distance.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | June 21, 2010 7:41 AM | Report abuse

Is that the same An-yong from Arrested Development.

I subbed in Miereles last night :)

Are we sure that France will show up for the match?

Posted by: Reignking | June 21, 2010 8:10 AM | Report abuse

Hello, RK.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 21, 2010 8:37 AM | Report abuse

Dear Leader will not be pleased...

Posted by: asfoolasiam | June 21, 2010 8:52 AM | Report abuse

Portugal's turning on the style

Posted by: Kev29 | June 21, 2010 8:53 AM | Report abuse

Portugal completely tearing apart the Korean defense. Ronaldo at the center of at least three of them.

Posted by: RedDevil1 | June 21, 2010 8:56 AM | Report abuse

An-yong.

Posted by: Reignking | June 21, 2010 9:10 AM | Report abuse

What is North Korea's coach saying to Dear Leader right now on their invisible telephone system?

My bet: Ive made a huge mistake.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | June 21, 2010 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Hey, CR even got one.

Posted by: Reignking | June 21, 2010 9:18 AM | Report abuse

North Korea's ship has been sunk.

Posted by: asfoolasiam | June 21, 2010 9:20 AM | Report abuse

So Cote d'Ivoire has to beat DPRK by 8 goals to advance and hope Portugal loses to Brazil in the Battle of the Dive. Too bad Ronaldo won't be able to get his RM teammate Kaka thrown out with a wink and a smile.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 21, 2010 9:23 AM | Report abuse

Last 730 am game...I enjoyed a little football before work.

TOUCHDOWN!

Posted by: Reignking | June 21, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse

I thought North Korea gave a fine performance and were undone only by the referee's incompetence.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | June 21, 2010 9:54 AM | Report abuse

I wish there was a way to watch the games on tivo spoiler free (no ticker updates and I would mute it as to not hear any announcer updates. )

Surely, this will be an option at some point....

...or you just go to the bar and watch them both.

Posted by: wordup1 | June 21, 2010 10:14 AM | Report abuse

My bet: Ive made a huge mistake.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish