Soccer on TV this weekend

.....and tonight as well.
What are you going to watch?
THURSDAY
MLS, Columbus-Chicago 8 p.m. Fox Soccer Channel
MLS, Dallas-Kansas City 8:30 p.m. Direct Kick
MLS, San Jose-D.C. United 10 p.m. Comcast SportsNet/DC, Direct Kick
MLS, Chivas USA-Philadelphia 10:30 p.m. FSC
SUNDAY
MLS, Colorado-New York 9 p.m. Direct Kick
MLS, Los Angeles-Seattle 10:30 p.m. Direct Kick ESPN2 (just added)

By Steve Goff  |  July 1, 2010; 10:46 AM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , D.C. United , MLS , TV  | Tags: D.C. United, MLS, World Cup, World Cup TV schedule
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: All World Cup, all the time on 'The Daily Show'
Next: D.C. United signs forward Pablo Hernandez (UPDATED)

Comments

Freedom play Chicago at the SoccerPlex Sunday at 5 pm followed by fireworks . . . .

Posted by: OWNTF | July 1, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

That sounds cool.
Watching World Cup.
Watching DCU.
Watching fireworks at Great Meadow...

Posted by: DadRyan | July 1, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

The World Cup is okay, I guess. But it can't compare to Dallas v. Kansas City for thrilling entertainment value. :-)

Posted by: Miles_Standish_Proud | July 1, 2010 11:29 AM | Report abuse

I'm taking a much-needed break from soccer for the next 22 hours. Gotta catch up on "Burn Notice" and "Leverage." And I haven't seen the last couple episodes of "Chuck" either.

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | July 1, 2010 11:42 AM | Report abuse

World Cup
D.C. United
both FSC MLS games on DVR
and swim in the pool!!

BTW, DadRyan, I live about 5 miles from Great Meadow....we welcome you to beautiful Fauquier County....the heart of "Horse Country". I need to try and slip by to have a smoke (I mean a drink) with you.

Posted by: Smitty68 | July 1, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Yee Haw Smitty! If not this weekend, we should try to get the tribes together this summer! You guys have a pool???
Keep trying to convince my father in law that they need to build one on their property...:)

Posted by: DadRyan | July 1, 2010 12:01 PM | Report abuse

I was set to see the Chuck finale, then Comcast removed it from OnDemand.

A few weeks ago, I found season 1 of Mad Men, which I hadn't seen. I was 3 episodes in when they changed it to season 2.

Posted by: Reignking | July 1, 2010 12:13 PM | Report abuse

Vamos United! Only 8 points from a playoff spot.

Posted by: delantero | July 1, 2010 12:31 PM | Report abuse

Reignking... It’s part of Comcast fine print to not actually have the OnDemand section work the way to consumers wants it too.

I will probably watch all the World Cup games (still trying to figure out how I can watch he Brazil v Netherlands game at work because I still am locked out from the software necessary to watch it – I think a co-worker wants to watch it so we might set up a “meeting”). Hopefully I will watch the DC United game but my girlfriend and I are house sitting her parents house to watch their dogs. My girlfriend hates being in her parents’ house (It's too cold and boring apparently) so I might have to take her out somewhere to ease my mind/ears. Maybe a bar with the game on…

Posted by: grubbsbl | July 1, 2010 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Reignking... It’s part of Comcast fine print to not actually have the OnDemand section not work the way to consumers wants it too.

Posted by: grubbsbl | July 1, 2010 12:38 PM | Report abuse

Ahh my bad. I realized th first post didn't have "not" in the first sentence which ruined my smart comment. Now I really am part of the redundancy crowd

Posted by: grubbsbl | July 1, 2010 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Haha. I am a fool. One should never eat and post.

Posted by: grubbsbl | July 1, 2010 12:42 PM | Report abuse

I have a meeting at 10:30 tomorrow morning. Son of a bee sting!

Posted by: Kev29 | July 1, 2010 1:11 PM | Report abuse

It's better than that, Dad. My In-Laws live right next door (not always so good) but they have a great pool that we can use anytime....can't beat that.

Hit me up on FB if you're going to a game soon and need a ticket or if you wanna try and venture back out here to the country to swim.

Posted by: Smitty68 | July 1, 2010 1:41 PM | Report abuse

I will have to be driving to the beach in the AM, so I will miss the NED-BRA match. :-( But I am hoping that ESPN radio comes in somehow over that little box in the dashboard.

Posted by: fedssocr | July 1, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Smitty68 | July 1, 2010 1:41 PM
=====================

Can't wait to read THAT police report!

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | July 1, 2010 1:51 PM | Report abuse

Tour de France Prologue!

For fantasizers .. . Versus is way behind the ball this year. They still have not set up the game.

Posted by: delantero | July 1, 2010 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Sacrebleu! It starts on Saturday!

Posted by: Reignking | July 1, 2010 2:11 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: JkR- | July 1, 2010 2:36 PM | Report abuse

DC United sign 23 year old foward, Pablo Hernandez. Hmmmmm.

Posted by: KHSpartan | July 1, 2010 2:37 PM | Report abuse

Tour de France Prologue!

Posted by: delantero | July 1, 2010 2:02 PM
======================

I have a brother who rides a lot. He's my Schwinn brother.

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | July 1, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

I will be watching as much MLS and World Cup matches as possible. In particular, I consider both World Cup morning matches as must see along with United-San Jose. I need to catch up with "In Plain Sight" myself.

Posted by: Gambrills4 | July 1, 2010 4:05 PM | Report abuse

My wife is going to kill me if I mention TDF fantasy... ;)

and Rand-al, you should know as well as any of us that someday the mountain might get us but the law never will...:)

Posted by: DadRyan | July 1, 2010 4:50 PM | Report abuse

@Joe/Rand: speaking of "Leverage," you know this weekend is a marathon, true? Next weekend (the 11th) is a new episode...the last two Sundays have had two "jobs" each.

Posted by: SportzNut21 | July 1, 2010 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Love 'Leverage' -- it's the best! I've also loved watching World Cup in my PJs with coffee in the mornings, then making beds and sprucing up to watch afternoon game. Missed it the last coupla days. GREAT weekend coming up!

Posted by: sbuck | July 1, 2010 6:12 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the heads-up, SportzNut!

@sbuck: a great weekend, indeed!

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | July 1, 2010 7:52 PM | Report abuse