Weekend soccer TV listings: World Cup final, MLS

Soooo, what are you going to watch?

Besides the Saturday-Sunday matches, there is a game tonight:
MLS, Real Salt Lake-Chicago 9:30 p.m. ET, ESPN2

SATURDAY
MLS, Toronto-Colorado noon Direct Kick

World Cup third-place match, Uruguay-Germany 2:30 p.m.
ABC, Univision, ESPN Deportes

MLS, Philadelphia-San Jose 6 p.m. Fox Soccer Channel
MLS, New York-D.C. United 7:30 Comcast SportsNet/DC, Direct Kick
MLS, New England-Los Angeles 7:30 p.m. Direct Kick
MLS, Kansas City-Chivas USA 8:30 p.m. Direct Kick
MLS, Houston-Columbus 8:30 p.m. Direct Kick
Mexico friendly, Cruz Azul-America 10 p.m. FSC

SUNDAY
World Cup final, Netherlands-Spain 2:30 p.m.
ABC, Univision, ESPN Deportes

WPS, Gold Pride-Washington 6 p.m. FSC
MLS, Seattle-Dallas 10:30 p.m. Direct Kick

By Steve Goff  |  July 8, 2010; 3:55 PM ET
Categories:  2010 World Cup , D.C. United , MLS , TV  | Tags: D.C. United, MLS, World Cup
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Oracle octopus has company in the animals-picking-winners department
Next: Friday kickaround: World Cup, FIFA, U.S. soccer

Comments

Always enjoy watching RSL play

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | July 8, 2010 4:15 PM | Report abuse

Random question to the Insider nation: anyone know of a DC United friendly bar/pub/restaurant in NYC??

Posted by: TheWashDipsSince88 | July 8, 2010 6:59 PM | Report abuse

@ Wash Dips Since

Did you see the question I asked you on the Shakira thread this (Thur) morning?

Posted by: 9Nine9 | July 8, 2010 7:26 PM | Report abuse

Is Carey Talley traveling to NYC? What about the new signings?

Posted by: Curious99 | July 8, 2010 8:18 PM | Report abuse

"A little bit of Argy Bargy there" Phil Liggett when Thor tries to bump Renshaw off Farrar's wheel at 35 MPH!!

I'll be watching DC DVR'd and the Final. Go Oranje!

Posted by: delantero | July 8, 2010 10:06 PM | Report abuse

LOL I just read that question.
Honestly how old do you think I am? hahaha I was actually 3 yrs old when I started so that makes me 24 years old. Reason for '88. ;)

DC soccer runs through my veins..

I wish I could remember but I have only my father who remembers for me.

=)

AMUNT DC!

Posted by: TheWashDipsSince88 | July 8, 2010 11:48 PM | Report abuse

Speculation about a possible Disney footie channel:

(Thanks to Soccer America for providing this link.)

Posted by: universityandpark | July 8, 2010 11:52 PM | Report abuse

No great love for Disney, but I'll take them over anything with Murdoch's stain on it. Too bad it's not being planned right now. Hope they do take the plunge soon. I could see them making more serious inroads worldwide and even in England, giving Murdoch's Sky network a run for the money.Go, Mouse, Go!

Posted by: fischy | July 9, 2010 12:27 AM | Report abuse

Outside of the US, ESPN's soccer coverage is god awful and only slightly improved with coverage of the Premier league (although thanks to that the cost of the sports package in Singapore doubled).

Even Sports Center in Asia focuses on Golf and Yankees baseball while the biggest sporting event on the planet is covered in detail on every other channel. I think when you televise eating competitions and poker while the world’s biggest stars are playing you lose a lot of your credibility in sports coverage outside of the US.

Still not as bad as CNN that is now
reduced to showing pictures from various sporting events (maybe that’s for their Asia broadcasts?). What’s the point in having TV coverage of sports if you are just going to show pictures? Bizarre.

Posted by: Southeasterner | July 9, 2010 1:13 AM | Report abuse