Americans abroad, TV listings (Tuesday edition)

*Americans abroad:
Monday
F Jozy Altidore in the 18, didn't play in Villarreal's 3-2 win over Malaga
Ds Clarence Goodson and Hunter Freeman 90 minutes apiece in Start's 0-0 tie with Honefoss

Tuesday
D Oguchi Onyewu not in the 18 for AC Milan at Ajax
MF Alejandro Bedoya and Orebro vs. Kalmar
D Frank Simek and Carlisle at Hartlepool
F Conor Doyle and Derby County vs. Middlesbrough
F Mike Grella and Leeds vs. Preston North End
MF Anton Peterlin and Plymouth at Swindon

*Soccer on TV:
All times Eastern
UEFA Champions League
(All games live online at www.foxsoccer.tv except Partizan-Arsenal)
Spartak Moscow-Zilina 12:45 p.m. DirecTV (481)
Chelsea-Marseille 2:30 p.m. Comcast SportsNet/DC, Fox Sports Net (Fox Soccer Channel at 10)

Partizan Belgrade-Arsenal 2:30 p.m. Fox Soccer Channel (Fox Soccer Plus at 5)

Ajax-AC Milan 2:30 p.m. FSP
Auxerre-Real Madrid 2:30 p.m. Fox Deportes, DirecTV Channel 482 (FSC at 5, FSP at 7:30)

Roma-Cluj 2:45 p.m. DirecTV (483)
Basel-Bayern Munich 2:45 p.m. DirecTV (484)
Braga-Donetsk 2:45 p.m. DirecTV (485)

CONCACAF Champions League
Toronto-Real Salt Lake 8 p.m. FSC
Cruz Azul-Arabe Unido 8 p.m. Telefutura
Saprissa-Monterrey 10 p.m. Galavision

Copa Sudamericana
Defensor-Independiente 8 p.m. Fox Deportes

By Steve Goff  | September 28, 2010; 9:38 AM ET
Categories:  Americans Abroad, TV  | Tags:  Americans abroad, UEFA Champions League
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: D.C. United's coaching search and options
Next: Jim Gabarra resigns as the Washington Freedom's head coach after 10 years with women's club

Comments

In CONCACAF, I expect Cruz Azul's B team to figuratively bloody Arabe Unido.

And the Saprissa-Monterrey will likely feature non-figurative blood.

Should be interesting. Wish I had FSC to catch the MLS teams' game.

Posted by: StevanF | September 28, 2010 10:23 AM | Report abuse

I don't mean to Braga so Donetsk me how I know.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | September 28, 2010 10:33 AM | Report abuse

Of course, I could give you a hint or a Cluj.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | September 28, 2010 10:41 AM | Report abuse

I think Toronto something here. Let's Auxerre Saprissa with some fresh Basel and Roma tomatoes while we enjoy the show.

Posted by: Godfather_of_Goals | September 28, 2010 10:51 AM | Report abuse

Shoot, I'm all out of moozadell, what an Arsenal I am. Maybe some Monterrey and grated Partizan will do the trick.

Posted by: Godfather_of_Goals | September 28, 2010 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Thank you GoG. Ajax, you answer.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | September 28, 2010 12:17 PM | Report abuse

well, my cupboards are Bayern, but Chelsea left a note in Schalke saying there are Twente Rubin and Tottenham and cheese sandwiches up for grabs at the Rangers station. Hapoel its true - im hungry as a Lyon...

Posted by: rainORshine | September 28, 2010 1:13 PM | Report abuse

Everyone let's Kalmar selves down a bit.

Posted by: fallschurch1 | September 28, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

As Morrissey said: "Every day is Punday"

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | September 28, 2010 2:18 PM | Report abuse

I'm pissed there's some stupid infomersh on Comcast right now! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The only thing that could be worse is if this was being preempted by WNBA.

Posted by: DadRyan | September 28, 2010 2:49 PM | Report abuse

oh, there it is on 66-205...? WTF?
Oh my John Terry's special sauce!

Posted by: DadRyan | September 28, 2010 2:53 PM | Report abuse

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Chelsea game is available on Verizon? It's not on the CSN ch. 76, nor the HD version.

Posted by: fischy | September 28, 2010 4:26 PM | Report abuse

fischy, I don't have Fios, but cheap non cable box cable from Comcast. I get weird channels through the tuner in my HD tv. Last year every one of these Comcastsportsnet broadcasts of FSN CL games were broadcast on my Ch10.(NON HD). Today there was a infomercial on CH10 and I checked this Weird 66-205 Channel I get that says Comcast Network in the corner...

I guess I'm just saying that things were kind of screwy today.

Posted by: DadRyan | September 28, 2010 4:49 PM | Report abuse