Weekend soccer TV listings

While you are monitoring the results of today's Europa League matches, it's a grand time to start considering this weekend's viewing options.

What are you going to watch?
FRIDAY

Germany, St. Pauli-Hamburg 10:30 a.m. GolTV
England, Chelsea-Blackpool 11 a.m. FSC
Spain, Hercules-Valencia 11 a.m. ESPN Deportes
Spain, Atletico Madrid-Barcelona 1 p.m. ESPN2, ESPN Deportes
Mexico, Toluca-America 1 p.m. Telemundo
Mexico, Puebla-Tigres 1 p.m. FSE
WPS playoffs, Philadelphia-Washington 2:30 p.m. Fox Sports Net (tape at 6 on FSC)

Italy, Sampdoria-Napoli 2:30 p.m. FSC
Spain, Malaga-Sevilla 3 p.m. GolTV
France, Bordeaux-Lyon 3 p.m. FSP
Brazil, Flamengo-Fluminense 5:30 p.m. GolTV
MLS, Chivas USA-Kansas City 8 p.m. Direct Kick
MONDAY
Spain, Coruna-Getafe 3 p.m. ESPN Deportes

*ESPN Deportes listings are unconfirmed; changes are possible. UPDATE: Per ESPN's final listings, games have been added and deleted.

By Steve Goff  |  September 16, 2010; 2:22 PM ET
Categories:  TV  | Tags: Soccer on TV
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: D.C. United news & notes: injuries, travel, trade
Next: Friday kickaround: Henry-Hartman incident, Americans abroad, U.S. prospects, Georgetown, WPS awards

Comments

Nice link for the Europa scores. Thanks. I'm watching Jozy and his mates fall flat on their faces in Zagreb. It's hard to imagine a forward putting out less effort than Altidore. He stands around waiting to receive the ball, but offers his teammates almost no chance of getting him the ball.

This weekend? I'll be dovening most of the day Saturday. I guess I'll watch the United game Sat. night. Chelsea-Blackpool offers an interesting match-up Sunday, but Atletico-Barca is the match of the week.

Posted by: fischy | September 16, 2010 2:50 PM | Report abuse

Steve, I'm having a lot of trouble accessing your blog. I have a pretty new computer, running Windows 7 and a recent version of Internet Explorer. This has been true for a couple of weeks now, and if anything it is getting worse. The rest of the WP site, including other blogs, load better, although they are sometimes glitchy as well. But your blog is the hardest to load. Please ask your IT people to look into it. Thank you.

Posted by: jack35 | September 16, 2010 3:11 PM | Report abuse

Microsoft hates soccer.

Posted by: Reignking | September 16, 2010 3:50 PM | Report abuse

Wine tasting on Saturday, then Liverpool-ManU and Barca-ATM on Sunday.

Posted by: Juan-John1 | September 16, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

Now that Roy is managing Liverpool, I root for them. But I'm sad that he doesn't manage Fulham any more--hearing his post-match commentary on the Fulham web site was always one of my favorite soccer-fan things to do.

Posted by: glfrazier | September 16, 2010 4:37 PM | Report abuse

U9 soccer then complete silence to expunge the echoes of the parents yelling "Kick it! Kick it!"

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | September 16, 2010 4:43 PM | Report abuse

The heck with hi def TV. I'm going to see UVA - Wake Forest in person.

(I take it back, hi def TV soccer. I still love you.)

Posted by: JkR- | September 16, 2010 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Dallas plays some nice soccer these days. They are probably glad to playing in New York where there are these things called "people" in the stands.

Seriously, both of these teams play some nice soccer. It's kind of depressing.

Posted by: Ron16 | September 16, 2010 9:25 PM | Report abuse

Wow. Did the announcer just call Dallas the "home team"? Wow what do you know, now that the camera has pulled back a bit, that IS PHP. The place is unrecognizable with people in it. I don't know what FCD did to get people to come out, but I hope they keep it up.

Posted by: Ron16 | September 16, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: Ron16 | September 16, 2010 9:39 PM

Win a bunch of games?

Invite Thierry Henry?

Posted by: fischy | September 16, 2010 11:24 PM | Report abuse

Pat Noonan put on the Disabled List. Hasn't MLS gotten the message? They're not Dis-abled, just differently abled.

Posted by: fischy | September 17, 2010 12:25 AM | Report abuse

Toronto reportedly looking at expanding BMO Field to 30k capacity. If United can ever get a stadium built, I hope it's done with the idea that it could be expanded. You can't tell by RFK's current crowds, but I think United would be selling itself short at 20-24k...especially when bigger name players or teams come to town. Long-term, as soccer grows, I also think the team could draw bigger crowds regularly. Please don't wake me up. I'm enjoying this dream.....

Posted by: fischy | September 17, 2010 12:31 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: Ron16 | September 16, 2010 9:39 PM | Report abuse

It was a promotion for a KISS concert. Go see KISS and you get some FC Dallas tickets. Amazing thing is people actually used the soccer tickets.

Posted by: Southeasterner | September 17, 2010 1:05 AM | Report abuse

Next Sat. Chelsea and Man U at 7:30.

If ESPN doesn't show this match I will...well, I will um...well I guess I won't do anything but I will want to do something mean to ESPN that's for sure!!!

Posted by: 9Nine9 | September 17, 2010 8:47 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | September 17, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Frankfurt has a one-tract mind.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | September 17, 2010 9:40 AM | Report abuse

Next Sat. Chelsea and Man U at 7:30.

Posted by: 9Nine9 | September 17, 2010 8:47 AM

It's going to be on ESPN2

Posted by: Kev29 | September 17, 2010 9:42 AM | Report abuse

Actually, 9Nine9 I think you mean Citeh v. Chelsea. United play Bolton next Sunday.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | September 17, 2010 9:47 AM | Report abuse

Fenty can still win re-election as a Republican and fulfill his promise to DC United fans.

[Insert Poopy Mc Poop's quote of his election promise]