Landon Donovan and Steve Nash, together again in an amusing EA Sports campaign

I didn't think much of the first installment of the EA Sports' campaign featuring Landon Donovan and NBA star Steve Nash, but the second one is good fun. Watch:

By Steve Goff  | October 14, 2010; 12:57 PM ET
Categories:  MLS, TV, U.S. men's national team  | Tags:  Landon Donovan
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Thursday kickaround: Chilean miners, French attitudes, Toronto apology, MLS news, Ronaldinho 'tied up', Terrapins in action
Next: Weekend soccer TV listings

Comments

Great stuff, EA.

Posted by: nairbsod | October 14, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

That settles it, I'm buying myself a big box of EA Sports Challenge.

Posted by: fallschurch1 | October 14, 2010 1:19 PM | Report abuse

The only thing I take from this is that Donovan doesn't wear normal underwear. Just wet suits. How else did the transition from lunch to stretch hummer occur

Posted by: TenoriosLaptop | October 14, 2010 1:20 PM | Report abuse

I dunno, I found the whole thing rather cringe-worthy...just a leeeeetle too far over the top. But then again, I'm not likely the target demographic, either.

Posted by: SportzNut21 | October 14, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

that is funny as hell.

Posted by: torrey151 | October 14, 2010 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Steve Nash was clearly legitimately loving this.

And the wetsuit thing was awesome.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | October 14, 2010 1:53 PM | Report abuse

Nash has to be getting some huge coin to act like that...right? Right?

Posted by: soccerman | October 14, 2010 1:58 PM | Report abuse

LD does the deadpan really well. Oh, he's good at soccer, too.

By the way, where did all the haters go? Soccer Insider used to have a slew of people playing up the whole LandyCakes thing and he was a player a lot of folks loved to hate. To answer my own question, I guess it was his time at Everton and now his WC play that silenced the critics. No?

Posted by: WorldCup | October 14, 2010 2:29 PM | Report abuse

Nash has to be getting some huge coin to act like that...right? Right?

----

Actually it seems like fairly normal behavior for Nash:

Posted by: tab5g1 | October 14, 2010 2:42 PM | Report abuse

I still don’t like Landy Cakes. For a player of his supposed ability, he can’t beat players 1 v 1, rarely even tries, and completely disappears for long stretches of the game. Not to mention he plays zero defense cause he wants to save his energy, LOL. Has he ever watched Gio D.S. play defense running down players and still gets into the attack.

I'll give Landy that he’s fast, decent passing and reads the game well. Pretty good composure when finishing.

Still Dempsey > Landy Cakes

Posted by: francisco_11 | October 14, 2010 2:44 PM | Report abuse

If all Donovan ever did was skewer the Mexicans on several occasions in big matches, that would be enough to respect him, IMO. But he has done a lot more than that. Still, I think Demsey is a better player overall.

Posted by: Ron16 | October 14, 2010 3:01 PM | Report abuse

dude, I'd love to play some FIFA11 with Nash in the back of that pimp mobile...:) I'd shun the wet suit though.

Posted by: DadRyan | October 14, 2010 3:22 PM | Report abuse

I don't think the commercial quite worked. Nash wasn't believable, and the whole concept looks like it was dreamed up by a 7th-grade mass media class.

Posted by: Ron16 | October 14, 2010 3:37 PM | Report abuse

What are they selling?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | October 14, 2010 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Comparing Dos Santos to Donovan? DS is 21- seven years makes a big difference as far as energy levels go

Posted by: carmines757 | October 14, 2010 5:23 PM | Report abuse