Video: Brazilian soccer player slides down a ramp conveniently located just beyond the end line

I first saw this frightening clip from a Brazilian second-division match on Soccer America's Web site and then found a longer version. Ouch!

By Steve Goff  | October 26, 2010; 4:58 PM ET
Categories:  Brazil  | Tags:  Brazil
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: NCAA men's and women's soccer rankings
Next: Wednesday kickaround: MLS awards finalists, Americans abroad, Dutch American attitudes, Washington Diplomats, TV listings

Comments

Ouch is right! And calling that a "ramp" is generous - it's concrete steps.

Posted by: soccerman | October 26, 2010 5:12 PM | Report abuse

I guess you could say... he put a bulge in the onion bag.

Posted by: Rosslyn45 | October 26, 2010 5:17 PM | Report abuse

I guess I've watched too many cartoons because I was half expecting to see the training staff go down as well.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | October 26, 2010 5:20 PM | Report abuse

I guess it's better than running head first into the wall next to the stairwell... jesus. Wasn't there some video of a guy getting killed by running head first into a wall too close to the edge of the field in the last year or two???

Posted by: DadRyan | October 26, 2010 6:38 PM | Report abuse

DC United's slide this season was worse.

Posted by: Curious99 | October 26, 2010 6:53 PM | Report abuse

looks like when my mom`s cat hit the freshly waxed linoleum floor.....

Posted by: terpfan4141 | October 26, 2010 6:58 PM | Report abuse

@Curious99: +3

Posted by: ldmay | October 26, 2010 8:49 PM | Report abuse

Well, there was the Greek-league player that got so angry he headbutted the concrete basketball post...and paralyzed himself, but recovered somehow.

And Gus Frerotte...

But they need to fire that architect.

Posted by: Reignking | October 26, 2010 9:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: DadRyan | October 26, 2010 6:38 PM

I remember that. they had what appeared to jersey barriers along the sidelines instead of dasher boards or whatever they are called. I think it was in an Eastern European or Russian league.

Posted by: VTUnited | October 26, 2010 10:06 PM | Report abuse

Actually,, it was the concrete footing for the elegant metal fence in front of the first row. Croatia.;

Posted by: fischy | October 26, 2010 11:35 PM | Report abuse

from a previous thread: I did a workout with a local pro club last week, just for giggles. I'll be the #3 keeper if US Soccer buys the plane ticket!

Posted by: troy6 | October 27, 2010 12:27 AM | Report abuse

Muito perigoso!

Posted by: GeneWells | October 27, 2010 7:32 AM | Report abuse

JOB CREATION IDEA: Ramps surrounding the entire field with sharp metal spikes at the bottom would boost attendance and create jobs.

Rosters would need to expand, more beer guys at the games, extra emergency vehicles built, more gauze and stitching material sold. More demand for blood donations would offer oppurtunities for winnos to earn more which would help the malt liquor industry...

Posted by: 9Nine9 | October 27, 2010 7:56 AM | Report abuse