Video: USA 2, Poland 2

By Steve Goff  | October 10, 2010; 6:34 AM ET
Categories:  U.S. men's national team  | Tags:  U.S. national team
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: D.C. United rewind: 2-0 loss to Earthquakes
Next: Sunday kickaround: U.S. roster, Charlie Davies, MLS playoffs, Americans abroad, Virginia scores 10

Comments

Just watched this. I was entertained.

Posted by: JkR- | October 10, 2010 8:45 AM | Report abuse

Luckily Jozy missed on his first touch so the ball didn't skip away from him.

Posted by: GeneWells | October 10, 2010 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Now I see that I was wrong to ask why Charlie Davies took so long to publicly appologize for skipping curfew.

Posted by: GeneWells | October 10, 2010 8:59 AM | Report abuse

Very entertaining match that was anything but a "friendly"

I'm very excited about Jermaine Jones and hope he plays at this level through the next Cup. He likely would have made a huge difference in South Africa.

Posted by: delantero | October 10, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

Did we only make one sub? Isn't that rather unusual for a friendly?

Posted by: dcarmy | October 10, 2010 9:53 AM | Report abuse

Know it was a friendly, but am not amused. I can't remember a game with more 3v2, 4v2 breakdowns in defense. And I just don't think Edu makes that much sense as a center back, there are plenty of guys who do this for a living. Too many botched headers and lax marking, he's better when given space to home in on people.

Also disappointed by the lack of width, and sloppiness all around. We can dismiss this because Donovan wasn't playing, except that we made many of the same mistakes against Brazil.

Posted by: UnitedDemon | October 10, 2010 9:55 AM | Report abuse

Happy 10/10/10

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | October 10, 2010 11:43 AM | Report abuse

Taking a cue from United, I started very strong and then, after mile 16, really blew it in today's Chicago marathon...hot as hell.

Polish news here is saying they thought this would be anything but friendly, extremely entertaining match.

Posted by: DCB23 | October 10, 2010 4:03 PM | Report abuse

DCB23: Was it a hamstring, hernia, or just a lack of talent?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | October 10, 2010 6:39 PM | Report abuse

So with Edu, Feilhaber, Torres, Badley and now Jones, can we leave Ricardo Clark at home from now on?

What ever happened to Edgar Castillo?

Posted by: mercurysnake77 | October 10, 2010 7:14 PM | Report abuse

As an American, I am used to having no strikers. I have come to accept that. But there is no excuse for the sloppy, poor defense that we played. We used to be good at that.

Posted by: BelovedCartoonMouse | October 10, 2010 7:56 PM | Report abuse

I270...the third choice most definitiely! No Talent.

Posted by: DCB23 | October 10, 2010 9:04 PM | Report abuse