Posted at 9:58 PM ET, 02/10/2011

Weekend soccer TV listings: Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Mexico

By Steve Goff

Numerous matches available online at ESPN3.com and foxsoccer.tv

All times are Eastern U.S.

What are you going to watch?

FRIDAY

Italy, Palermo-Fiorentina 6:30 a.m. FSP
England, QPR-Nottingham Forest 8:30 a.m. FSP
Italy, Brescia-Lazio 9 a.m. FSC
Germany, Cologne-Mainz 10:30 a.m. GolTV
England, Bolton-Everton 11 a.m. FSC
Spain, Hercules-Zaragoza 11 a.m. ESPN Deportes
Spain, Real Sociedad-Osasuna 11 a.m. DirecTV (477)
Spain, Malaga-Getafe 11 a.m. DirecTV (478)
Spain, Deportivo La Coruna-Villarreal 1 p.m. ESPN Deportes
Mexico, Pumas-Chivas 1 p.m. Telemundo
Mexico, Morelia-Tecos 1 p.m. Azteca America
Italy, Juventus-Inter Milan 2:30 p.m. FSC
Spain, Espanyol-Real Madrid 3 p.m. GolTV
France, Lille-Toulouse 3 p.m. FSP
Germany, Werder Bremen-Hanover 5 p.m. ESPN Deportes
Brazil, Paulista-Corinthians 5 p.m. GolTV Premiere
MONDAY
England, Fulham-Chelsea 3 p.m. ESPN2

By Steve Goff  | February 10, 2011; 9:58 PM ET
Categories:  TV  | Tags:  TV listings
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: D.C. United planning to acquire Charlie Davies, but financial issues remain unresolved
Next: Video: Wayne Rooney with a spectacular go-ahead goal for Manchester United vs. Manchester City

Comments

37 days until United's first 2011 league match!

Posted by: Curious99 | February 10, 2011 11:09 PM | Report abuse

Out of pure jingoism, I really only care about US Nats in foreign leagues, starting with Bradley and Villa through Jozy and Bursapor and ending with Holden and Bolton.

But I am not about to pay Murdoch for his FSP feeds.

I'll await highlights on the Insider!

Posted by: delantero | February 10, 2011 11:55 PM | Report abuse

OT, but great roster for the Algarve Cup. Only odd thing is that Germany isn't participating. I wonder if they just have a bunch of friendlies set up to prep for the WC (that less prestigious tournament held every now and then in different places).

Posted by: troy6 | February 11, 2011 6:49 AM | Report abuse

Man U v Man City...THATS WHERE IT'S AT.

Note to self: Put coffee pot (and regular pot) in den. Put a bucket in den to releave myself in. Cover tv with seran wrap so I can throw stuff at the ref without messing up tv. ENJOY A CITY VICTORY!!!

Posted by: 9Nine9 | February 11, 2011 7:48 AM | Report abuse

Thank god my girlfriend is a Fulham fan, too! COYW!

Posted by: FulhamDC | February 11, 2011 8:13 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: 9Nine9

Beautiful, 999, Beautiful.....I think I'll do the same (but with a Man U win)!

Posted by: Smitty68 | February 11, 2011 9:38 AM | Report abuse

LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL!

Posted by: bonghits4gomez | February 11, 2011 10:09 AM | Report abuse

Oatmeal by the TV at 7:30 (C'mon the Reds!); flipping between Arsenal and Liverpool matches at 10:00; may have to do some "research" in the "library" Monday afternoon.

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | February 11, 2011 10:40 AM | Report abuse

Top of the Football League mega-clash at Loftus Road... QPR-Forest. HUGE!

Posted by: Kev29 | February 11, 2011 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Barcelona not on GolTV means no Ray Hudson phrases about how glorious they are. I loved it when once he said that the Barcelona team "took Quantum Physics to another level!"

Ray Hudson is to Barcelona the same as Howard Cosell was to Ali (showing my age). It's hard to see one without the other present.

Posted by: Dougmacintyre | February 11, 2011 11:08 AM | Report abuse

Cologne will overwhelm Mainz by pouring it on.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | February 11, 2011 11:08 AM | Report abuse

the MLS morning Kickoff has a link to a story saying the Galaxy want Roberto Carlos. I always thought he would have looked pretty cool in black and red, and put some butts in seats. though the structural soundness of RFK would have been an issue with those free kicks.

Posted by: VTUnited | February 11, 2011 11:32 AM | Report abuse

Lots of great matches! The Manchester derby (as in "Kentucky Derby," not "Darby O'Gill and the Little People"), Munich-Hoffenheim, Sunderland-Spurs, Roma-Napoli, Juventus-Inter... I won't be able to watch them all, but hopefully I'll catch one or two.

Posted by: Brokenbil | February 11, 2011 11:38 AM | Report abuse

You are "telling it like it is," dougmacintyre.

Wonder if Cosell ever called a soccer game, back in the days of the Cosmos, etc.

Posted by: OWNTF | February 11, 2011 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Of course my favorite Hudson call of all time is Dempsey's goal v Juve. "He took into account everything in the universe."

Posted by: OWNTF | February 11, 2011 11:46 AM | Report abuse

@troy --

had the same exact thought -- and you left out Lichaj and Leeds

Posted by: OWNTF | February 11, 2011 11:49 AM | Report abuse

@delantero, I meant.

Posted by: OWNTF | February 11, 2011 11:52 AM | Report abuse

Cologne will overwhelm Mainz by pouring it on.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | February 11, 2011 11:08 AM

=================
I'm sorry, but this stinks....

Heyyyooooooo!

Posted by: JkR- | February 11, 2011 12:43 PM | Report abuse

I re-scent that.

Is Cologne's stadium called the Old Factory?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | February 11, 2011 12:49 PM | Report abuse

I re-scent that.

Is Cologne's stadium called the Old Factory?

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | February 11, 2011 12:49 PM |.

=======================

Man that's 3 thread suspension material, right there. But, like Howard Webb, I prefer to keep this thread on an even keel this early in the weekend, and wave play-on!

Posted by: JkR- | February 11, 2011 12:53 PM | Report abuse

Will Cologne debut their new signing this week? What's his name, Armani? Paid a lot for him to sit on the bench, or shelf, if you will.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | February 11, 2011 1:09 PM | Report abuse

I'm now certain that 9's is a dude after my own heart... I already knew that Smittyt68 is. ;)

Work on Saturdays has cut into my ability to watch matches, but the good news is that the MLS season is fast approaching and I normally finish up right around the time Lot 8 opens... I'm also thinking that working in a brewery is gonna enhance my tailgates immeasurably....

Posted by: DadRyan | February 11, 2011 1:40 PM | Report abuse

Old Factory? That was really good...

Just read that UVa's Chris Agorsor is also entering the allocation draft, so he will be available too.

Posted by: Reignking | February 11, 2011 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Brewery, huh DadRyan? Can't beat that! See you soon in Lot 8.....I feel good things this year!

Posted by: Smitty68 | February 11, 2011 1:53 PM | Report abuse

The draw for the CONCACAF U-20 Championship/World Cup qualifying is in: we're in group B with Panama and Suriname. Advancing will be no problem, so I guess of more interest are our potential quarterfinal opponents: Guatemala, Honduras or Jamaica. That game will be a must win, as the winner will get a WC spot and the loser will be left out.

Speaking of the U-20s, Zahavi was just loaned from Maccabi to Hapoel Acre, and Ruelas has been absolutely tearing it up for Santos U-20s with six goals in four games. It will be interesting to see if either can get some first team action soonish.

Posted by: BooThisMan | February 11, 2011 2:29 PM | Report abuse

I must amend my earlier comment. Oatmeal at 7:30 watching "The Most Expensive Game in History"

Posted by: BlackandRedRedDevil | February 11, 2011 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Just over the wire:

H. Mubarak moves to Grasshoppers GZ, transfer fee undisclosed but presumed to be high.

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | February 11, 2011 3:00 PM | Report abuse

Nah, Mubarak is out of contract, they just traded his rights for a player to be named later. Hopefully more of a Playmaker, someone able to get the rest of the team involved.

Posted by: Northzax2 | February 11, 2011 3:06 PM | Report abuse

OT, but here's Widmer's label for their pale ale to kick off the Timbers first MLS season.

Posted by: nairbsod | February 11, 2011 3:27 PM | Report abuse

Beer is never off topic here is it? LOL. Good catch there, I personally love Widmer's Drifter. Super citrusy, and refreshing and not the most typical PA. I'd definitely save a bottle if I could get one with the Timbers logo on it. That's a pretty cool partnership.
+1 for Portland keeping it more interesting than Budweiser and Coors.

Posted by: DadRyan | February 11, 2011 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Huh? We didn't even enter the lottery for Arnoux?

Posted by: christopher_a_metzler | February 11, 2011 4:17 PM | Report abuse

@christopher_a_metzler,

Yeah I had the same question. I assume Goff must have a post coming soon on the Arnoux lottery. Out of six teams, Houston had almost a 50-50 shot but he went to RSL.

Is this Chris Argorsor that MLS just signed a better prospect than Arnoux? (His lottery's on Monday.) I know nothing about him.

Posted by: benonthehill | February 11, 2011 4:31 PM | Report abuse

Goff tweets that Arnoux recently had 'micro-fracture knee surgery' which limited the interest....

Posted by: JkR- | February 11, 2011 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Argorsor is a good prospect but with injury problems that have limited his experience.

Posted by: Reignking | February 11, 2011 4:46 PM | Report abuse

Regarding Arnoux - Is there any support for the theory that DCU is saving $$$/roster space for someone else?

Posted by: edmundburke247 | February 11, 2011 5:00 PM | Report abuse

Chris Agorsor will apparently be allocated via the lottery on Monday, and Korey Veeder on Tuesday.

Posted by: redskinsux | February 11, 2011 5:30 PM | Report abuse

I don't get why we aren't participating in any of these drafts. Plus, how shady are these drafts -the team with the least chance always wins.

Posted by: grubbsbl | February 11, 2011 6:08 PM | Report abuse

35 days until United's first 2011 league match!

Posted by: Curious99 | February 12, 2011 8:05 AM | Report abuse

ROONEY!!!!

Posted by: Truckr | February 12, 2011 9:39 AM | Report abuse

Rand-al-Thor would be displeased that Rooney didn't land on his kicking foot.

Posted by: I-270Exit1 | February 12, 2011 9:44 AM | Report abuse