Posted at 11:53 AM ET, 03/ 9/2011

Video: In Italian regional soccer, a goal in the fourth minute, er, fourth second

By Steve Goff

From Eccellenza Umbria league in northern Italy, where clubs are promoted to Serie D, it's Narnese vs. Casa del Diavolo last weekend. The wonder goal is scored by Narnese forward Michele Virgilio.

By Steve Goff  | March 9, 2011; 11:53 AM ET
Categories:  Italy  | Tags:  Italy
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: FIFA rankings: Spain, Netherlands, Germany
Next: Charleston's Three Lions Pub: a soccer highlight in America's lowcountry

Comments

Offsides!

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | March 9, 2011 12:03 PM | Report abuse

You play such a high line, Jaco, you're gonna get burned.

Posted by: stevie_in_gp | March 9, 2011 12:11 PM | Report abuse

Faster is still possible. The kickoff is a direct kick...

Posted by: teo_68 | March 9, 2011 1:03 PM | Report abuse

On FIFA 11, we once convinced a friend that holding "Y" right at kickoff would enter a "big head" code. Instead, a buddy and I just kicked it off, his goalie came sprinting out, and my created player scored just like this. Good times.

Posted by: JacobfromAtlanta-ish | March 9, 2011 2:02 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: OWNTF | March 9, 2011 2:05 PM | Report abuse

and I don't need to tell you what Hope Solo said.

Posted by: OWNTF | March 9, 2011 2:07 PM | Report abuse

Excellent, new thread, I have some great stuff to share...

Hey! No fair! I wasn't ready! Do over! dang it....

Posted by: JkR- | March 9, 2011 2:23 PM | Report abuse

"Dude, just touch the ball softly and I'm gonna score."

"Yeah, right."

"Seriously! Just tap it."

"OK, but when you shank it wide, don't blame me."

Goal!

"Dude, I told you!"

"Yeah, but I got the assist!"

OT: If I criticize the goalkeeper for diving, does that make me a xylophone?

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | March 9, 2011 2:23 PM | Report abuse

"Dude, just touch the ball softly and I'm gonna score."

"Yeah, right."

"Seriously! Just tap it."

"OK, but when you shank it wide, don't blame me."

Goal!

"Dude, I told you!"

"Yeah, but I got the assist!"

OT: If I criticize the goalkeeper for diving, does that make me a xylophone?

Posted by: Rand-al-Thor | March 9, 2011 2:23 PM | Report abuse
-------------------------------------

This is surely the comment of the day on the internet.

Posted by: iammrben1 | March 9, 2011 2:28 PM | Report abuse

Xylophobe

You come into the Devils' House and you dare pull that????
'
Only a Narnian could pull that off,

Posted by: fischy | March 9, 2011 2:49 PM | Report abuse