Maryland Women's Basketball

Please pardon the non-football interruption… My name is Camille Powell, and I'll be covering the Maryland women's basketball team. I've spent the past four and a half years following the Georgetown men as they've won Big East titles and gone to the Final Four, and I'm excited about covering one of the area's other winning teams.

Eric and Steve will do the heavy lifting on the blog during the fall as I cover Navy football – though you might see more of me if it appears as if the Terps and the Mids are headed for the Congressional Bowl – but I'll definitely be around once basketball season gets going. In the meantime, please send me an e-mail (powellc@washpost.com) with any suggestions or thoughts on our women's basketball coverage.

By Camille Powell  |  August 25, 2008; 2:46 PM ET
Categories:  Women's basketball
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ranking the Games
Next: Cruel Summer

Comments

So this is going to be a year long Terps blog?

Thank god. My Maryland alum soul dies a little each day down here in SEC country.

Posted by: Colm | August 25, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

Here's a quick thought on women's basketball coverage: MORE! Please! Too bad Title IX doesn't extend to the sports page.

I think the Terps will give you plenty to talk about this season. How will they do without Crystal Langhorne and Laura Harper? Will KT and Coleman step up as leaders? Who will be the new post presence? I'm ready for the season to begin!

Posted by: Kande | August 25, 2008 4:49 PM | Report abuse

Great to know this blog is up and will continue, and the Women's BB team is going to be a focus.

I've been a season ticket holder since Brenda arrived and the program deserves both attention and recognition.

Posted by: Terperator | August 25, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

Very Cool. I've become a fan of the ladies over the past few years. They play very sound, fundamental basketball. I wish the men would play as well together as the women do.

Posted by: Terpin | August 25, 2008 9:03 PM | Report abuse

Welcome aboard! I think you're really going to enjoy the team. The staff and players are terrific people. I suspect we'll see three more players names and numbers raised to the rafters- Harper, Coleman and Toliver. Langhorne's went up in last season's regular season home finale. What a special group.

Posted by: Brenda is My Home Girl | August 25, 2008 9:45 PM | Report abuse