More on Fitness test

A few careful readers emailed me because I left out something important about the conditioning test. Here is the test:

Run 14 100-yard sprints in 18 seconds each. You get 35 seconds of rest between each.

How many of you guys think you can do that?

100 out of 105 Maryland players have passed the test. Fridge thinks it is pretty easy. I am tempted to try it in a few weeks, and will report my results here. I also challenge Patrick Stevens of Washington Times fame to the same test!

Off to College Park...

By Eric Prisbell  |  August 26, 2008; 11:36 AM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Questions for Ralph?
Next: Driving Mr. Prisbell

Comments

Fridge thinks that's easy?? Has he done it?? I love the guy, but if he can pass that test, I'll join the Terrapin Club!

Posted by: Section 24 Row H Seats 24&25 | August 26, 2008 12:24 PM | Report abuse

@Section 24 idiot: What does it matter if Fridge can do it? He doesn't play NCAA football anymore, he's a coach. I guarantee he could when he played.

Posted by: Chris | August 26, 2008 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Is the time allowed the same for all players? I was under the impression that the completion time was slightly lower for skill players.

Posted by: Rob | August 26, 2008 1:58 PM | Report abuse

I accept on his behalf.

Posted by: Patrick Stevens' Editor | August 26, 2008 3:31 PM | Report abuse

This means over 11.5 minutes to run the length of the football field. I would think skill players would be able to do this easily, and yes it is a little harder for the lineman, but I think they should all be able to accomplish this.

Posted by: fire5man | August 26, 2008 4:01 PM | Report abuse

I am 100 percent convinced I could do that.

Posted by: Lindemann | August 26, 2008 4:05 PM | Report abuse

I meant to say 11.5 minutes to run it 14 times.

Posted by: fire5man | August 26, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse