Steffy Thumb Update

As you know, Jordan Steffy was replaced early in the fourth quarter by Chris Turner. Ralph said after the game that Steffy had a thumb injury, but he did not know when or how Steffy got injured.

I asked three offensive players, and none knew that Steffy was even hurt. One told me he looked totally fine.

I asked to speak to Steffy, but was later told that he was unavailable because Ralph did not want to subject him to the media scrutiny. Fans booed mostly in the third quarter, before Steffy was replaced.

Did any fans know that Steffy got hurt?

Let the drama continue!

I will have updates with lots of quotes throughout the night and early into the morning, so digest at will!

By Eric Prisbell  |  August 30, 2008; 9:41 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Stay Tuned on Steffy's Thumb
Next: The Thumb

Comments

Ralph changes QB's as often as he does underwear. PLEASE just pick someone and stick with your decision! I say go with Portis and have some fun

Posted by: stevida | August 30, 2008 9:55 PM | Report abuse

It seems as if the mysterious thumb injury may have provided a ruse for RF to get Chris Turner in the game.

What shocked me was that RF asserted that Steffy played pretty good in the first half. No my friend, Steffy was awful in the first half!

I left the game in the third quarter in protest. I am a season ticket holder and traveled all the way to San Francisco last year for the bowl game, so my allegiance to the team is solid. But sorry, I cannot support a coach so intransigent he ignores common sense.

Posted by: Charles | August 30, 2008 10:04 PM | Report abuse

I believe finally we are at the end of the Steffy era and we may be witnessing the end of the Friedgen era as well.

The fans are just not going to tolerate this foolishness with Steffy any longer.

I'm not a beat writer for the Post but the word out of the locker room this quarterback situation has distracted and fractured this football team.

Some believe Steffy was given the starting job on a silver platter because he was recruited by James Franklin.

Posted by: Charles | August 30, 2008 10:09 PM | Report abuse

when i got home from the game, my husband said the TV people were reporting an elbow injury. at the game, we certainly saw it as a "steffy wasn't getting it done" benching.

no harm in that...

Posted by: kate | August 30, 2008 10:15 PM | Report abuse

this team has a lot of talent...they could have a pretty good season as long as steffy never plays again.

Posted by: Anonymous | August 30, 2008 10:46 PM | Report abuse

Charles, I can't agree with you more. It's sounds like RF is doing it his way. RF is so predictable, very quick to protect or should I say make excuses for Steffy. When did this thumb injury occur? If RF keeps this up...he'll be retiring early. This football program has the players and Asst Coaches, but no leader.

Posted by: Football Nut | August 30, 2008 11:19 PM | Report abuse

It is time that RF moves on from Steffy and lets Turner play. Why can't RF get a 4 star QB to come play here???

Posted by: sunman23@aol.com | August 31, 2008 9:24 AM | Report abuse

Let me give all of you a wake up call! As for Charles...I traveled all the way to San Fransico as well..Let me tell you something CHRIS TURNER and MD LOST!!! It was freezing cold, and we had other quaterbacks standing on the sidelines...BUT NO!!! We always have to stick with Chris. MAYBE IF WE GIVE STEFFY A CHANCE WE CAN SEE WHAT THIS KID CAN DO!!! Chris didn't do crap on saturday when he came in. Steffy has A LOT OF HEART!!! AS THE COACH SAID ON WEDNESDAY...THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM IS ALSO TO MAKE YOUNG MEN INTO GREAT MEN IN THE FUTURE! YEAH CHARLES, I PROTESTED LAST YEAR AND WILL THIS YEAR AS WELL IF CHRIS GETS PUT BACK IN!!! YOU CAN'T SEE HOW JORDAN IS GOING TO BE IF EVERY TWO SECONDS PEOPLE ARE BEATING HIM UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO STEFFY...HANG IN THERE...I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS TO STEFFY THAT KID KEEPS TRYING!!! YEAH, AS I RECALL..CHRIS WANTED TO QUIT AFTER HE LOST THE STARTING JOB!!! OH POOR BABY...NOW HE SEES HOW IT FEELS TO HAVE YOUR JOB TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU!!!!! MAYBE IF THE OFFENSIVE LINE WOULD PROTEC STEFFY...MAYBE THEN HE WOULD HAVE TIME TO THROW A PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Terp | September 4, 2008 7:14 PM | Report abuse