Maryland-Virginia Kickoff Set for 7 p.m.

Many of you had been asking about the kickoff for the Virginia game, and the answer is 7 p.m. This will not make Prisbell (or frankly, his editor) very happy, but for the part of the world that is not deadline-obsessed, the game will either be telecast on ESPNU or streamed on ESPN 360.

I'm not quite clear on why you move a game to prime time to put it on ESPN 360, but like I said, I'm biased against night games (except for Thursday night games, which are cool even if they are deadline nightmares).

Eric is out of town doing interviews right now but will surely have a lament on the topic at some point.

By Matthew Rennie  |  September 22, 2008; 2:09 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Video: Chris Turner Makes the Calls
Next: Terps Kicker Never Lost Confidence

Comments

My ISP down here (Birmingham, AL) doesn't subscribe to ESPN360, unfortunately, so I'm hoping for ESPNU, which I do have for some reason.

Posted by: Colm | September 22, 2008 2:35 PM | Report abuse

ESPN is the worst. First they invent ESPNU which no cable provider carried and that was really annoying. People start picking up ESPNU and they invent ESPN360 so you gotta watch games on your computer? Who wants to do that? I sit in front of a computer all week its the last thing in the world I want to do to watch football on the weekend. Whats next ESPNIMAGINARY where ESPN has rights to the game and you close your eyes and pretend your watching it...

Posted by: Lee | September 22, 2008 3:52 PM | Report abuse

I am one of the lucky ones who has Verizon Fios for my TV and internet provider. As a result I get both ESPNU and ESPN360. That's better than Comcast, which I used to have. For the MD-GaTech game a couple years ago my son and I had to go to the Greene Turtle to watch the game, since the bars in College Park (he was still a student at the time) were jammed by the time we got there looking to find one that we could watch the game at. For last year's FIU game he hooked his computer up to his flat screen TV and we watched the game that way. Biggest downside was it was not synched live so we couldn't turn off the sound and listen to the play by play from Johnny Holliday.

Posted by: Jack57 | September 22, 2008 4:00 PM | Report abuse

This gametime certainly says more about the Cavs than anything else. I'm surprised Raycom didn't want the game for noon or 1 regionally. It's a shame Comcast can't send Chick and Kelly Holcum down to Charlottesville to cover the game with their stunningly brilliant cameras.

Posted by: Go Terps | September 22, 2008 4:07 PM | Report abuse

7PM start? woohooo!! i hate watching the Terps over morning coffee. there are times it sux to be a MD fan in the OC...if only briefly

Posted by: mdrockjock | September 22, 2008 4:44 PM | Report abuse

I my hood is comcast only, that's bad news.

Posted by: Tim | September 22, 2008 4:51 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone know of any bars in DC/Silver Spring that stream 360 to TV's?

Posted by: Lee | September 22, 2008 5:26 PM | Report abuse

I hope they pick up the MD Game on ESPN 8 "The Ocho"

Posted by: Matty | September 22, 2008 11:42 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone know of anywhere that you can watch ESPN360 in a bar or restaurant?

I understand that ESPN is trying to get some decent games on line only to draw attention to it and sell sponsorships but this is junk! How can a major conference like the ACC agree to a situation where a rivalry game like MD/VA is only available on line? How can programs like MD and VA consider themselves "big time college football" programs when a conference game in week 6 of the season may only be on line?

Any help on if there are any options for watching a game broadcast on ESPN360 in a bar/restaurant?

thanks.

Posted by: kevin | September 23, 2008 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Lee, Tommy Joe's in Bethesda streams 360 to TV's and will stream the Terps game if it is on 360.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 23, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

Tommy Joes it is. Thanks.

Posted by: Lee | September 23, 2008 2:20 PM | Report abuse