Predictions, Anyone?

Since we have a noon kickoff tomorrow, let's roll out predictions right now. Here's how I see it: We'll see Maryland's best effort. I just don't know if that will be enough. I asked Ralph Friedgen is he feels his team could lose even if it plays its very best. He said he believes if his players play their best they will be in it at the end. Not so sure. I think this Cal team is legit. I like the combo of Kevin Riley and Jahvid Best over Nate Longshore and WR DeSean Jackson from last year. Maryland plays the Bears tough. Scott scores. Best scores a couple. Cal gets a late field goal and wins 31-21.

Who else has a score??

By Eric Prisbell  |  September 12, 2008; 12:00 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Reggie Bush vs. Little Bush
Next: LaMont Jordan: Bring Back Locksley

Comments

Maryland 24 Cal 23

Posted by: win | September 12, 2008 12:07 PM | Report abuse

Terps come out strong and show us what we have been expecting to see this season....

Terps 27
Cal 21

Posted by: Drubez | September 12, 2008 12:14 PM | Report abuse

Wow, you guys think MD can score more than 14 points? We havent so far this season even though we played cupcakes.

Posted by: Anonymous | September 12, 2008 12:17 PM | Report abuse

Im hoping : MD 28 CAL 20

Reality CAL 35 MD 14

Posted by: Steve | September 12, 2008 12:19 PM | Report abuse

I think the offense is not yet comfortable with Franklin's system. It will click at some point, but probably not this week. We'll see some improvement in intensity and focus. Play calling has to be better - can't be worse.

Cal pulls ahead early and we make it respectable in the end.

Cal 31
MD 21

Posted by: Scott | September 12, 2008 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Team has shown little effort the first two games and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Turner will be looking over his shoulder the whole game as Fridge looks for a reason to pull him. I am not a fan of the way Fridge handles his players.
Cal 34 Terps 17

Posted by: Mike | September 12, 2008 12:26 PM | Report abuse

Terps come up short in a game where Obi misses two more field goals.
CAL 21
MD 7

Posted by: Frank | September 12, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

Maryland 38 Cal 31

Posted by: Terpin | September 12, 2008 12:37 PM | Report abuse

it's either going to be a close maryland win if the team shows up or a Cal blow-out if they just go through the motions like they have the past 2 weeks. i really hope we see the team play up to their potential and i am a glass half full kind-of-guy, so...

UMD 23
CAL 21

Posted by: adam | September 12, 2008 12:41 PM | Report abuse

Obi gets his ish back in order and kicks a late field goal for the win, MD 27 Cal 24

Posted by: Lee | September 12, 2008 1:31 PM | Report abuse

You'd never know I was an alum and a huge fan, but I am. My 4-year old is wearing a Terps football jersey right now... But..

Cal 38
UMD 13

Having thought about this team long and hard, it'll be close early but Cal will wear them down and make a joke of it in the second half. They just don't have the horses.

Posted by: Rob | September 12, 2008 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Maryland's defensive line is a complete joke.

I have seen a better pass rush by Pop Warner and CYO teams.

Prediction for Maryland's upcoming game --

Califonia - 48
Maryland - 13

Maryland will finish with a 3-9 record (good for last place in the ACC - even behind Duke)

I am glad that Maryland is no longer recruiting Tavon Austin.

Jelani Jenkins and Travis Hawkins will be signing with the University of Florida.

Posted by: Gary | September 12, 2008 4:20 PM | Report abuse

I am a MD fan living in the Bay Area. Cal's defense is not very good. There O though is very potent. MD cannot handle speed (recall WV the last two years) and Best will play Steve Slaton. MD can break some long plays and can keep it close for three quarters.
Final
Cal 39
MD 27

Posted by: BoFID | September 12, 2008 4:22 PM | Report abuse

Let's not pretend Cal is USC. Terps 28, Cal 17.

Posted by: V | September 12, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Gary...why do you post the same crap about Tavon Austin every time? The Teprs lose when they're supposed to win, and then win when they're supposed to lose (Rutgers, BC). I agree with the earlier poster that said if it's a close game, the Terps win. Cal will be looking past this road game and is overconfident. 28-24 Terps

Posted by: Fort Liquordale | September 12, 2008 10:51 PM | Report abuse

35-31 Terps!

Posted by: Mariolucasforthree | September 13, 2008 8:57 AM | Report abuse

Cal 31 MD 10

MD hangs tough for a little bit but gets overwhelmed and has no offensive answer to Cal.

Posted by: zman | September 13, 2008 11:54 AM | Report abuse