Ten Things We Learned
I wanted to drop in the 10 things we learned today before I go out to dinner. I will have much more reaction throughout the day tomorrow, before turning the focus to Clemson.
1) Da’Rel Scott is a significant upgrade over any other running back Maryland has.
2) Call James Franklin’s play selection many things, but don’t call it boring.
3) Maryland’s pass defense can turn Kyle McMahon into Joe Craddock and turn Joe Craddock into Joe Montana.
4) Even when a coach tells you that rugby-style punting will be a storyline, rugby-style punting will not be a storyline.
5) Obi Egekeze has mental toughness, enough to crawl out of a slump of six straight misses, dating back to last season.
6) As I said before the game, don’t bother trying to catch Darrius Heyward-Bey in the open field unless your last name is Bolt.
7) Danny Oquendo is not going to start a quarterback controversy anytime soon, but that was a nice throw.
8) Maryland’s pass defense struggles when fairly healthy. It really struggles when depleted by injury.
9) Maryland will win between one and eight ACC games. Sorry, Al Groh, but I’m already counting the game in Charlottesville as a victory.
10) Josh Portis is a one-man drive, rushing for all 80 yards on Maryland's fourth-quarter TD drive.
Anyone have any others?
Posted by: PhD Terp | September 20, 2008 9:04 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: uncle harry | September 20, 2008 9:07 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: dlgood | September 20, 2008 9:23 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: KnowledgeGained | September 20, 2008 10:54 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.