Terps are No. 26

I'm at the Raleigh airport ready to head back once I catch Ralph Friedgen's interview in 20 minutes. For what it's worth, Maryland is 26th in the Associated Press Top 25 poll this week, getting 46 votes.

I'm a little surprised the Terps are 26th. I did not think they would come that close to cracking the top 25 yet. A good win over U-Va. and Maryland likely will slip in because there are bounds to be more upsets next week. And they'll likely move up during the bye week because of more upsets. But why even predict; these things are very fluid.

Anyone else surprised at the No. 26 slot?

(Maryland is 30th in the coaches' poll with 40 votes)

By Eric Prisbell  |  September 28, 2008; 4:10 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Terps Senior Leadership
Next: Friedgen's Sunday Chat

Comments

I dunno if Maryland deserves to be so highly rated, since Clemson is one of those perpetually overrated teams.

Then again, there have been a ton of upsets this year, so somebody's gotta be in the polls. And while the MTSU and Delaware games kinda scare me, the ACC is a weak conference and Maryland does seem to have a shot at the conference title game this year, so they deserve to at least be in the conversation.

Posted by: Grant | September 28, 2008 4:36 PM | Report abuse

Yes, I am surprised. We need one more good win to help blot out the stain of the MTSU loss.

Posted by: Lindemann | September 28, 2008 9:09 PM | Report abuse

Definitely a little too high at this point. We would need a couple more wins to get there, considering how badly we played at the start of the year.

Posted by: Ted | September 28, 2008 10:44 PM | Report abuse

Not surprised at all. Look, if it weren't for that egg MD laid in Tennessee, they'd be solidly in the top 15 by now, easy. Two wins over ranked teams, one on the road in arguably the toughest stadium to play in the ACC - not overrated.

Posted by: Fredneck | September 29, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

"Look, if it weren't for that egg MD laid in Tennessee, they'd be solidly in the top 15 by now, easy."

Yes, but we sure did lay that egg, and its stench will linger throughout the season.

Posted by: Lindemann | September 29, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse