19-0, Terps

Anyone who has followed the erratic nature of these Terrapins is not surprised by this performance. This season, Maryland has followed its worst performances against struggling teams with its best performances against good teams.

What does this mean for the Terps? How good is Maryland? Hard to know.

By Eric Prisbell  |  October 18, 2008; 2:24 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Barnes Out For Remainder of Game
Next: Barnes Update

Comments

I'm just amazed at how well the Terps play against ranked opponents. If they can bring that intensity to ALL their opponents, this Terps team could be amazing.

Posted by: cbs | October 18, 2008 3:01 PM | Report abuse

So where is our bud Gary now? Ring ring Gary we miss your unbiased comments dude.

Posted by: Jamie | October 18, 2008 3:24 PM | Report abuse

By far our most complete game of the year, though I would have preferred a higher touchdown-to-field goal ratio. I really think we will be on track next Saturday.

Posted by: Steven F | October 18, 2008 3:49 PM | Report abuse

It's seems like Terp fans were left speechless (well, commentless) during this game after last week's fiasco. ;-)

Posted by: charlie | October 18, 2008 4:06 PM | Report abuse

Jelani Jenkins will be a Terp.

Posted by: SB | October 18, 2008 4:30 PM | Report abuse

Just back from the game. Nice to see a little aggression on both sides of the ball. Franklin may have gotten a little carried away with trick plays but good to see Terps put the ball down field occasionally. Does RB Megget deserve more playing time?

Posted by: ewg | October 18, 2008 4:35 PM | Report abuse

I loved that result. I haven't seen such defense since the 85' Bears.

Maryland will finish 9-3 and in first place in the Atlantic Division.

I am glad Jelani Jenkins, Issac Holmes and Travis Hawkins will be attending the University of Maryland.

I am also glad we won't have to hear from Gary for at least another week.

Posted by: Gary | October 18, 2008 6:09 PM | Report abuse

Looking at remaining schedules, Wake has it pretty easy

Posted by: MB | October 18, 2008 7:08 PM | Report abuse

Terps played a good game. Wake didn't play up to their usual standard in my opinion, but you have to give UMd most of the credit for that.

Heyward-Bey caught some passes, Egekeze hit the field goals, and the defense hit hard all day. What's not to like? We'll see how they play next game.

Meanwhile, UVa trips up Carolina in a tight defensive game. Maybe beating UMd wasn't a fluke. BC-VaTech game will stir up the ACC standings even more.

As for Gary, ignore the troll.

Posted by: Ho Ho Ho | October 18, 2008 7:33 PM | Report abuse

Gary...where are you?

Terps best game of the year.

Total effort by "O", "D", and special teams.

Excellent game by Turner, offensive line did their job, no sacks, and defense was aggressive and attacking.

Now lets do the same next week.

GO TERPS!!!

Posted by: UMDFAN | October 18, 2008 7:33 PM | Report abuse

Was that good enough for everybody out there?! 26-0?! Now get off my back and show up for Homecoming vs. NC State.

Posted by: Big Ralph | October 18, 2008 8:07 PM | Report abuse

UVA 16
UNC 10

I loved that result. I have seen better offense from a powderpuff football league.

UNC will drop hard from the rankings, and will take a serious hit in recruiting.

I am glad we won't have to hear from Gary this week.

Posted by: Island 1 | October 18, 2008 11:06 PM | Report abuse

I give up. Who knows what to expect from this team week to week. I recommend beer to accent the highs and smooth out the lows.

Posted by: Lindemann | October 19, 2008 7:50 AM | Report abuse

Gary probably won't make another comment on here regarding football and will wait until basketball season...

because he didn't love that result.

Posted by: Ryan | October 19, 2008 9:08 AM | Report abuse

I told you so!

Posted by: Chris Cosh | October 19, 2008 11:18 AM | Report abuse

Prediction:

NC State - 27
Maryland - 10

Maryland will finish with a 5-7 record.

I am extremely happy that Penn State is ranked number 3 in the country - and very soon to be ranked number one --- this will definitely hurt Maryland's recruiting - thank god !!!

I am happy that Maryland is no longer recruiting Tavon Austin.

Jelani Jenkins, Travis Hawkins and Isaac Holmes will be signing with the University of Florida.

Go Tar Heels