Maryland-Wake Forest Kickoff Set for Noon

The ACC just released its schedule for next weekend (Fla. State-N.C. State is the Thursday night game):

Wake Forest at Maryland, RAYCOM, 12 Noon
Georgia Tech at Clemson, ESPN or ESPN2#, 12 Noon
Virginia Tech at Boston College, ESPN or ESPN2#, 8 pm
North Carolina at Virginia, ABC (ESPN2*), 3:30 pm
Miami at Duke, ESPNU, 3:30

Fredneck's comment led me to add a poll to this post. Obviously the media prefer kickoffs as early as possible, but I was wondering what is ideal for fans, so ...

By Matthew Rennie  |  October 6, 2008; 12:35 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Terps' Performance Confuses a Nation
Next: Worst Losses Under Friedgen

Comments

Q: What do we have to do to get a 3:30 kickoff?
A: Beat teams like MTSU and UVA, i guess....

Posted by: Fredneck | October 6, 2008 12:44 PM | Report abuse

I loved this result.

Virginia -- 31
Maryland -- 0 (zero - zip - zilch - nada)

Maryland's - Defensive and Offensive lines and Linebacking corp are the worst in College Football.

I have seen harder hitting teams in powder puff leagues.

Maryland's recruiting efforts are going to take a major hit with this result.

Prediction:

Wake Forest -- 34
Maryland -- 10

Maryland will finish with a 5-7 record.

I am happy that Maryland is no longer recruiting Tavon Austin.

Jelani Jenkins, Travis Hawkins and Isaac Holmes will be signing with the University of Florida.

Go Tar Heels !

Posted by: Gary | October 6, 2008 12:52 PM | Report abuse

I voted for noon simply because MD is 2-0 at noon this year (both against ranked teams). In fact, MD is 4-0 before when the game ends before sundown.

Posted by: Greg | October 6, 2008 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Tailgating is better when breakfast is served.

Posted by: Mmmmm...bacon | October 6, 2008 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Does anyone know where I can watch the UMD games online in real time? Comcast doesn't show these games on the west coast unless it's ESPN, which MD rarely makes anymore. Thanks!

Posted by: Mona | October 6, 2008 2:11 PM | Report abuse