Wake Dominating, Only Up 3-0

Wake Forest should be leading by a lot more than three points, but it can't convert in the red zone. Maryland will be eagerly anticipating Wake Forest's injury report next week because the Demon Deacons are a diminished team without kicker Sam Swank. No kicker's quad will be more closely followed over the next nine days.

By Eric Prisbell  |  October 9, 2008; 8:58 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Halftime Thoughts
Next: Football Friday, I-AA and National Style

Comments

ACC games like this on national TV will do nothing to enhance the reputation of the conference. A horrible college football game.

Posted by: ewg | October 10, 2008 6:31 AM | Report abuse

better than Auburn 3 Mississippi State 2. But somehow those games are viewed as SEC slugfest and smashmouf football and these are viewed as "the ACC is pathetic!"...

Posted by: Lee | October 10, 2008 9:18 AM | Report abuse

I was there for this game & I would dub this game a slugfest...both defenses were playing great. Clemson is so big and athletic it is no wonder that Wake was stymied in the red zone. This was definitely frustrating for fan on offense when they would do so well and then come up short...but they had to work for everything they got! As a Deacon fan, all you can say is it may have been "ugly" like the FSU game also was, but it was a "W." I don't understand the post by ewg...I was there and it was a very good game. It was not in hand until the very end. You just knew if Clemson had a few breaks that they could have turned it around. But the WFU defense shut them down...one of the best QB's, two Running Backs, & the best wide receiver in the ACC...shut them down! You can call that "horrible" if you want to but it was awesome & electric for Deacon fans.

Posted by: jamadeacs | October 10, 2008 10:18 AM | Report abuse

I loved this result.

Virginia -- 31
Maryland -- 0 (zero - zip - zilch - nada)

Maryland's - Defensive and Offensive lines and Linebacking corp are the worst in College Football.

I have seen harder hitting teams in powder puff leagues.

Maryland's recruiting efforts are going to take a major hit with this result.

Prediction:

Wake Forest -- 34
Maryland -- 10

Maryland will finish with a 5-7 record.

I am happy that Maryland is no longer recruiting Tavon Austin.

Jelani Jenkins, Travis Hawkins and Isaac Holmes will be signing with the University of Florida.

Go Tar Heels !

Posted by: Gary | October 10, 2008 11:22 AM | Report abuse

jamadeace - I did not mean to denigrate either team but I watched as a college football fan, not a WF fan. I guess it was exciting in the end for Wake fans but don't forget it took over 3 quarters to get there. Some good hits by defense but also lots of offensive ineptitude. A good win does not always mean a good, well played game.

Posted by: ewg | October 10, 2008 7:21 PM | Report abuse