Bowl Projections

Before I post these bowl predictions from around the country, let me first say that no one knows how this will play out, especially after the first 10 games have unfolded. But I like to look at these predictions to get a sense of the national perception of Maryland week to week.

Stewart Mandel at Sports Illustrated says Maryland will win the ACC and play Cincinnati in the Orange Bowl.

Sportsline.com has Maryland in the Champs Sports Bowl in Orlando to play Minnesota.

Mark Schlabach of ESPN says Maryland will play Cincinnati in the Orange Bowl, while Bruce Feldman predicts Maryland vs. Notre Dame in the Gator Bowl.

Matt Hayes of the Sporting News has Maryland vs. Notre Dame in the Gator Bowl.

By Eric Prisbell  |  November 17, 2008; 1:51 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Edwin Williams Earns ACC Honors
Next: Terps-BC Kickoff Time

Comments

These people were ALL predicting last week that North Carolina would win the conference and go to the Orange Bowl. Thus, their projections are worthless.

Posted by: virtueandvice | November 17, 2008 2:12 PM | Report abuse

Their predictions are worthless because situations change?

Posted by: Colm1 | November 17, 2008 2:25 PM | Report abuse

Maryland will play Navy in the 1st Eagle Bowl. Oh boy.

Posted by: erniegogo | November 17, 2008 2:39 PM | Report abuse

even if MD loses out they aren't going to the Eagle Bowl. Sorry haters...

Posted by: Lee26 | November 17, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

MD will finish 5-7

umm...opps...maybe in 2009???

Posted by: buddhaumd | November 17, 2008 3:12 PM | Report abuse

Man, I would love love LOVE a Maryland/Minnesota matchup. Stupid gophers. It'd make my day to see the Terps run roughshod over the little rodents.

Right now, though, the matchup seems beneath them.

Posted by: JohninMpls | November 17, 2008 3:19 PM | Report abuse

Lee26:
I'm a fan, not a hater. I entered that projection with a smile and nod to the absurdity of projections. I think a bowl game Dec 20 at drafty old RFK is awful. Sorry my post was misinterpreted. I'm pulling for Terps all the way.

Posted by: erniegogo | November 17, 2008 4:04 PM | Report abuse

erniegogo,
Good stuff. Yeah that bowl is terrible and it looks like it might be where UVA is headed. . . :)

Posted by: Lee26 | November 17, 2008 4:09 PM | Report abuse

Maryland - WVU in Charlotte. It ain't the Orange Bowl, but at least I could go to the game.

Posted by: stokesfamily | November 18, 2008 9:09 AM | Report abuse

If they don't make the the Orange bowl, I would love to see them play Notre Dame in the Gator Bowl.

Posted by: UnitedWeStand | November 18, 2008 10:54 AM | Report abuse

I would kind of enjoy beating up on West Virginia for old times sake...

Posted by: Lee26 | November 18, 2008 11:22 AM | Report abuse