Bowl Projections from Across the Land

Sportsline.com has Maryland in the Emerald Bowl against San Jose State. I think that’s a long shot at best because the Terrapins played there last season.

ESPN’s Mark Schlabach has Maryland in Nashville against Kentucky. Bruce Feldman has Maryland in Boise against Boise State.

BCS guru and Wash Post favorite Jerry Palm has Maryland going to Charlotte to play Pittsburgh.

And SI's Stewart Mandel, who agrees with me on a lot of his picks this week, has Maryland in Boise to play Louisiana Tech. Who would watch that game? Who would go to that game?

I’ll post more projections as I see them…

By Eric Prisbell  |  November 24, 2008; 3:06 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Savoring Wins and Finishing Shots
Next: Vasquez Earns ACC Honor

Comments

This team has shown its true colors, they are under performers who don't show up for the important games.

Posted by: ckstevenson | November 24, 2008 12:53 PM

"They don't show up for the important games." The Terps are 6-0 vs ranked teams in the past 2 years. I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you don't know what you are talking about, leave the comments section for those that do.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 24, 2008 4:01 PM | Report abuse

Feldman's an idiot. Or at least he doesn't understand the ACC divisions. He has BC in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl and FSU in the Orange, with the Terps in Boise. No way in A Very Hot Place that BC goes to Atlanta unless they beat the Terps. If they do that, they would be in the ACC title game. That means FSU could not possibly end up in the Orange Bowl. Terps win against BC and they'll likely end up in Nashville or Orlando, with Charlotte a good possibility also. (I forget whether Charlotte or Nashville gets first dibs.) They could even end up in the Gator with a win if Miami and VT both lose Saturday (doubtful that either of them loses, though.)

If they lose, pretty much anything is possible, though Emerald is not likely since they were just there last year, and I hope they don't go to Boise. Even then, I'd bet on them going to Charlotte or Nashville, whichever has the 6th pick, because those should both be destinations that would draw a good Terp crowd.

Posted by: jrfisher57 | November 24, 2008 4:16 PM | Report abuse

What does it mean when you beat a team ranked near the bottom of the top 25 and afterwards they are no longer there? I may be wrong but Clemson, California, and North Carolina are no longer ranked so do they count as a ranked team or were they mis-ranked to begin with? Let's not go beating our chests over suspect rankings.

Posted by: fellowfan | November 24, 2008 6:14 PM | Report abuse

0-2 in chances to go to the ACC championship game Barno1.

It's nice to beat ranked teams, but it counts way less when you lose to unranked teams and don't win the games that send you to the ACC championship game.

Posted by: ckstevenson | November 25, 2008 3:50 PM | Report abuse