Showing Some Life

Well, sort of. The Terrapins blocked a punt and then recovered a fumbled punt and were set up deep in Hokies territory. What did they get out of those two opportunities? A field goal.

Oh, and Darrius Heyward-Bey got drilled.

VaTech 20, Maryland 13

By Steve Yanda  |  November 6, 2008; 10:04 PM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Terps down, 17-3
Next: Time to Reflect, Bullet-Point Style

Comments

Hi Steve,

Thanks for covering the Terps game for us tonight!

While I'm unable to see the game on TV, I am able to track its progress. I'm obviously concerned about our running game.

Da'Rel Scott must still be hurting. But what about Meggett? I don't believe Meggett has run since the first half.

I realize the Terps are behind but it's not a blowout- at least not yet. What's your take on why we're not running more ofter to keep the defense honest?

Posted by: Terptwin | November 6, 2008 10:32 PM | Report abuse

Well, it appears my comments are moot. Dustin Keys just hit a 27 yarder to make it a 10 point game.

Now the Terps will have to pass and pass some more to overcome a 10 point deficit (with 7:30 to play.)

Let's hope for some help from special teams!

Posted by: Terptwin | November 6, 2008 10:36 PM | Report abuse

I guess our running game consists of passing to our backs? Both Scott and Meggett have more yards receiving than rushing!

Posted by: Terptwin | November 6, 2008 10:38 PM | Report abuse

Our coaching staff is horrible. We play a team with a QB with one leg and we sit in a prevent zone the whole game.

Posted by: Mariolucasforthree | November 6, 2008 10:47 PM | Report abuse

i just don't get why we don't rush anybody except the front 3 or 4. it's like cosh thinks that if we drop back 7 or 8 players that we'll have great pass coverage, but that isn't even the case...

Posted by: heybeybeybeybey | November 6, 2008 10:54 PM | Report abuse

What a joke of a d-coordinator. I agree about Chris Cosh...the 3 points we gave up as a result of basically playing a prevent at the end of the 1st half was high school-ish. How embarrassing.

And why did the Terps offense run so much of their crap East-West? They clearly aren't as atheltic as the Hokies. Seriously. This game-plan needed more Meggett and Scott up the middle and lose the sweeps and end-arounds that take time to develop.

What an opportunity missed. Way to get your team ready in front of national TV audience Fridge.

Posted by: jrraley | November 6, 2008 11:16 PM | Report abuse

hokie, hokie, hokie hy!!!

;)