Terps Go Prime Time

The Nov. 22 matchup between Maryland and Florida State will kickoff at 7:45 p.m. and be televised on ESPN. I'm not too surprised by this. The game could decide the division.

Maryland is 0-3 at night this season. This will be the final home game for 30 seniors and probably perhaps for one wide receiver as well.

What does everyone think about this?

On a teleconference with Butch Davis right now...

By Eric Prisbell  |  November 10, 2008; 11:32 AM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Where They Stand Nationally
Next: The Unlikeliest Outcomes

Comments

This is what I expected when I got tix a month ago. I figured they would win some and lose some and this game would be big.

What is interesting is that if as long as the 2 teams are within 1 game then it has a lot of meaning. If FSU is one game ahead, but MD wins, then it is tied but that game is the tie breaker. Same thing the other way. Only other factor is Wake.

Posted by: GoNatsTerps | November 10, 2008 11:59 AM | Report abuse

Based on our previous poor performances with night games, I'm not thrilled with this. If FSU remains ranked, then we might have a chance.

Posted by: cbs75 | November 10, 2008 12:15 PM | Report abuse

little confused by the Hey-Bey hype. What has he shown this season that makes people think he will be a high draft pick. He runs fast, and I love having him on the Terps... but are his hands and routes really reliable enough to get him in the first round?

Posted by: mcmelton | November 10, 2008 1:08 PM | Report abuse

Unfortunately - MD will lose it's last 3 games. A few friends of mine were going to get a suite, but after seeing Debbie Yow fail to lead MD to a top program (through the coaching selections made the last few years and failure to make significant improvements to the dreadful stadium - new Tyser is not nearly a real statement), I cannot see a positive way forward. I hope Dr. Mote looks at other BCS football programs and someday begins to move MD towards that tier. Ralph Friedgen really is lost as a head coach and the M.O. for his team have been the same in the last 5 years since Taafe and Blackney left - poor coaching/football and terrible leadership skills. FSU will punish us at night right after UNC punishes us during the day (week prior). I am actually going to finish my season ticket allotment and watch both debacles.. Can't even right about Chris Cosh at this time....

Posted by: leed1911 | November 10, 2008 2:33 PM | Report abuse

I really don't like the night games. I grew up with college football on sunny afternoons. And of course Terps just don't seem to play well at night. I've given up trying to predict how they will do but I really don't think they will win at BC. UNC is beatable but not sure about FSU.

Posted by: erniegogo | November 10, 2008 5:33 PM | Report abuse

"I really don't like the night games. I grew up with college football on sunny afternoons. And of course Terps just don't seem to play well at night."

---

Before moving here and becoming a Terps fan, I grew up with college football on warm, exciting Saturday nights. As a Terps fan, some of the best wins during Fridge's tenure have been night games--the ACC clincher in 2001, the FSU and Miami thrillers two years ago. Just as my other school has to learn to win during the afternoon, the Terps need to remember they can win at night. Night games in many instances mean national exposure and should mean great crowd participation. Bring it on!!!

Posted by: NatsPark408Byrd306 | November 10, 2008 11:30 PM | Report abuse

Black out the Noles the week of Thanksgiving? Long tailgate with fried and smoked turkeys? People are really complaining about this?

Posted by: Lee26 | November 11, 2008 8:28 AM | Report abuse