The Official Prediction Thread

I have been really torn over this toss-up game. I know how well Maryland plays against ranked opponents, plays against any team at home and plays in afternoon games this season. But the more I examined Carolina’s team, the more I came away impressed, especially with how the Tar Heels have excelled despite the key injuries this season. Maryland’s defense might play better than it did against Virginia Tech, but I don’t see it slowing down the Heels enough. And Maryland’s running game remains a prime issue as well.

North Carolina 28, Maryland 26

Who disagrees? Or do you all think the Tar Heels will win?

By Eric Prisbell  |  November 14, 2008; 10:07 AM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Secondary Concerns
Next: All Butch All the Time

Comments

Looks like playing conditions will be awful. Weather will keep crowd down.

UNC 19
UMD 10

Posted by: erniegogo | November 14, 2008 10:42 AM | Report abuse

I'm going to the game w/15 friends; but mother nature isn't doing us any favors. I think UNC wins by 10.

Posted by: cbs75 | November 14, 2008 10:48 AM | Report abuse

C'mon people, have a little faith:

UMD 24
UNC 21

Posted by: gburggal | November 14, 2008 11:08 AM | Report abuse

EP do you consult with the WP Weather forecasters. Rain will be a big factor? MD 20 UNC 14. FREDTERP

Posted by: FREDTERP44 | November 14, 2008 11:24 AM | Report abuse

Maryland 17 UNC 9

Posted by: Colm1 | November 14, 2008 11:29 AM | Report abuse

Terps will get dominated on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Again. It's going to be the main theme from the remainder of the season.

UNC 31
UMD 13

I think they're going to end the regular season with a 4-game losing streak. I think Fridge will HAVE to win a bowl game (eligible doesn't always mean invited, but ACC has too many tie-ins) to save his job. I'm really down on this staff's ability to identify major BCS talent and get it to come to Maryland. I don't care if ESPN says it's a top 25-ish recruiting class ever year - it's not showing up on the field.

Posted by: kingrob76 | November 14, 2008 11:36 AM | Report abuse

UNC 31
UMD 13

Posted by: kingrob76 | November 14, 2008 11:36 AM

Those that predict a 4 game losing streak to close the season should turn their Maryland replica jersey in at the stadium door prior to today's game. The team does not need you as a "fan" any longer.

Listen up folks--if you don't have a clue what you are talking about, leave the posting to those that do. The Terps have 22 players in the NFL. The problem is not lack of talent. The problem, if there is one, is injuries. This team has been decimated with injuries the past 2 years and to have made a bowl game last and be at the top of the conference this year is not something to complain about.

Posted by: Barno1 | November 15, 2008 11:37 AM | Report abuse