The Official Prediction Thread

I’ve already booked my hotel, rental car and plane ticket for Tampa, so that should give you an indication of where I think Maryland is headed. A person told me I may have put the “whammy” on the team. I don’t think so. When I have picked against Maryland this season, the Terps have won. When I picked Maryland, the Terps found a way to lose to Joe Craddock and Co. in Murfreesboro and Al Groh’s squad in Charlottesville. In other words, I don't think my prediction matters.

This game is at home. Last home date for seniors. An unranked team, but players will be frothing to play Florida State. The last two games vs. FSU at Byrd were decided by a field goal.

So here is to a 20-17 Maryland victory and a berth in the ACC title game (I’m also predicting a Wake Forest victory).

What are some of your predictions?

By Eric Prisbell  |  November 21, 2008; 9:59 AM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Maryland-Florida State, From Various Perspectives
Next: Slow Starters

Comments

Prediction:

We'll never hear from Gary/hclark again.

So Gary/hclark, if you think about posting, here's a reminder:

MD 17
UNC 15.

Now go home.

Posted by: island1 | November 21, 2008 10:19 AM | Report abuse

gary (hclark) can't go home, he's in 3rd period class right now ;-)

btw, why does Prisbell have to announce to the world that he's booked all this stuff for Tampa already? who cares?

Posted by: sargeantmofo | November 21, 2008 10:25 AM | Report abuse

Wouldn't it be nice to have a non-nailbiter for a change? But I have to agree with you Eric:

MD 20
FS 17

Posted by: gburggal | November 21, 2008 10:27 AM | Report abuse

I predict I am going to be pissed off while tailgating for the game. Did anyone else see this?

Since rabbit-ears on a TV in a parking lot aren't going to do a great job of picking up ESPN - nobody can watch the Wake game... I find it odd that the parking lot of a ACC football stadium is not considered part of an ACC market.

Posted by: cfish341 | November 21, 2008 10:30 AM | Report abuse

Terps 23-17 and ACC Champs

Posted by: beas13 | November 21, 2008 11:33 AM | Report abuse

MD 21
FSU 20

Tampa Bound!

Posted by: putnam23 | November 21, 2008 12:50 PM | Report abuse

cfish341,
You just gave me information which led to me punching my computer at work. Unbelievable. Have I mentioned that I hate all things ESPN?

MD 24 FSU 13

Posted by: Lee26 | November 21, 2008 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Should be a defensive game. Which means both offenses will probably turn the ball over several times, commit several key penalties, and a plethora of 3-and-outs. The last game at Byrd came down to a blocked field goal; I say it goes wide right on the final kick for the Noles.
Terps 17 Fla st 14

Posted by: ecglotfelty | November 21, 2008 9:19 PM | Report abuse

BTW, since the 4-letter network is doing the game, any predictions about Todd Blackledge's 'Taste of the Town?'

Posted by: ecglotfelty | November 21, 2008 9:20 PM | Report abuse

I have a feeling the people on this board would pick the Terps by 14 over Alabama or Texas Tech.

Posted by: imterpsfan2 | November 21, 2008 10:28 PM | Report abuse

About 6 weeks ago I said that Boston College would win the division. I was vilified for that one. The ACC routinely treats BC as if it isn't a member of the conference, but don't be surprised to see them in the ACC Championship.

Posted by: imterpsfan2 | November 21, 2008 10:32 PM | Report abuse

I say BC and Maryland both win this week.

I just don't see Wake having enough offense to score more than 10 points against the best defense in the ACC.

BC 23 Wake Forest 10

I predict the the MD vs FSU game will not be close. This year's edition of Florida State is far removed from the glory years of 10-15 years ago. FSU also tends to play poorly in cold weather scenarios. The Seminoles are also in a bit of disarray with players being suspended for on and off-campus incidents.

MD 27 FSU 17

Then BC beats Maryland next week (20-13). The Terps haven't beaten BC on the road since they have joined the ACC.

BC vs Virginia Tech in the ACC Championship