It's That Time Of Year Again

Most Maryland basketball followers are well aware of the destruction that occured to the Terps record (and NCAA tourney hopes) last December -- a loss to loss to VCU, followed later by three consecutive losses to Boston College, Ohio and American. Maryland went 2-4 overall in the final month of 2007.

This year, the Terps have gotten off to a better start in December. With two straight wins, they head into Friday night's matchup against Delaware State. So I'm curious, given how the team performed at this point in its schedule last season, what you all think of the Terps' prospects for finishing out their non-conference slate this year (I tacked on the two January contests to further widen your range of choices).

By Steve Yanda  |  December 10, 2008; 11:36 AM ET
Categories:  Men's basketball
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Hello, Boise and Humanitarian Bowl fans
Next: Scouting Delaware State

Comments

I don't expect the Terps to slip up in 'win column padding' season this time. I follow the A10 closely and Charlotte are not very good.

Posted by: Kev29 | December 10, 2008 4:33 PM | Report abuse

This poll really needs a "none of the above" selection.

Posted by: erniegogo | December 10, 2008 5:35 PM | Report abuse

I feel like AU has a taste for blood now.

Posted by: Lindemann777 | December 10, 2008 9:11 PM | Report abuse

I think everyone outside of Hayes, Vasquez (really the ONLY starter I can't see every losing his job this year), and Milbourne being young hungry and fighting for playign time shoudl keep the Terps out of the early season slips this year. Last years team wassn't full of super stars but the rotation wasn't going to change. Different urgency and hunger this year. A guy like Cliff Tucker will go all out for 5 minutes of PT against a Deleware State because he wants more minutes. Similarly a guy like Mosley who currently has those minutes will be going all out looking over his shoulder.

Posted by: Lee26 | December 11, 2008 8:33 AM | Report abuse

Twenty wins this season is very achievable for this team.

Posted by: stokesfamily | December 12, 2008 3:55 PM | Report abuse