The Boise Scene

I have not posted too many entries from Boise for one reason: I don’t believe in being cruel. I’m a fan of Boise, Idaho, as I have said before. I have found good restaurants, bars --- and the snow-covered mountains create a beautiful backdrop. But the one thing this bowl lacks is people. There is just no excitement on the streets, which cleared out around 10 p.m. or so on Sunday and Monday, about this game. Yes, I’ve run into some Maryland fans. And I have run into a handful of Nevada fans, as well as Boise State fans. But, like I said, there just isn’t the … well, on second thought, the less I say about the atmosphere the better. I don't want to pile on. It is what it is.

As for the game, I’m excited about it because it is a fascinating matchup. Here is hoping the game will outshine the buildup to it in Boise.

I will have updates throughout the game.

By Eric Prisbell  |  December 30, 2008; 9:49 AM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Report: Terps Get Notre Dame Transfer
Next: The Problem With A 20-Point Win

Comments

This game should be at the North Pole. They have an all white feild and it would draw better!

Posted by: donmac1 | December 30, 2008 10:08 AM | Report abuse

Hey, it's college football, it's the Terps and I'm looking forward to it. I wish I could be there.

Go Terps.

Posted by: erniegogo | December 30, 2008 11:40 AM | Report abuse

No matter the bowl or location, Nevada is a formidable opponent. The Terps will get their first look at Colin Kaepernick--the best dual threat they will have faced since Pat White last year. During the season, Kaepernick passed for 2,479 yards *and* rushed for 1,115 yards. Unreal! Let's hope the good/healthy Terps show up today!

Posted by: Terptwin | December 30, 2008 11:58 AM | Report abuse

Eric any truth to rumors that UM has suspended 8 players for the Humanitarian Bowl game due to curfew violations ? Thanks

Posted by: fzuylen | December 30, 2008 1:04 PM | Report abuse

Since comments are mysteriously closed in the Official Prediction Thread, I predict 31-14 Nevada, and hope I'm wrong.

Posted by: Lindemann777 | December 30, 2008 2:18 PM | Report abuse