The Morgan Green Question

So one of the tidbits that arose from last week’s practice sessions was the fine play of Morgan Green. Remember, Green was hyped up before the summer by many people, myself included, only to suffer an injury that seemed to take months to fully heal. Well, Ralph Friedgen said Green had his best two days of practice last week and, right now, might be Maryland’s best back. Da’Rel Scott has not been himself since early in the season because of a nagging shoulder injury. Davin Meggett has shown potential on occasion. I wonder if we’ll see Green get a look in the H-Bowl. I would doubt it, but who knows. I’m going to roll out a poll almost every day during this very slow exam period for two reasons: I’m always curious about how everyone feels. And since players are answering multiple choice questions this week, everyone else should answer their share as well.

By Eric Prisbell  |  December 18, 2008; 10:30 AM ET
Categories:  Football
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Divided Attention
Next: Greatest Terp Ever (Hardwood Version)?

Comments

Scott will only be a (redshirt) junior next year. I can't wait to see what he does with a full year if healthy. A line that blocks every game would be nice too...

Posted by: Lee26 | December 18, 2008 12:04 PM | Report abuse

Green = all promise, no performance
Da'Rel = potential, moments of greatness, too banged up
Meggett = seems to be an all around back that can get the job done

Doesn't matter which of the three you pick, if the line sucks, they have no holes and can't make things happen.

Posted by: ckstevenson | December 18, 2008 12:40 PM | Report abuse

What about the Terps top RB recruit from Norcross, GA. Isn't he listed as one of Top 25 high school RBs in the country? I saw tape of him and he looks fantastic.

Posted by: barons10 | December 18, 2008 12:49 PM | Report abuse

I have lost all hope for Green. However, it would be great if he could get on the field next year. Meggett looks like a really good player. Scott should be great if he has any blocking.

Posted by: drj09 | December 18, 2008 2:51 PM | Report abuse

None of them - they are all Division 2 players.

Go Tar Heels !

Posted by: hclark1 | December 18, 2008 5:36 PM | Report abuse

Division II... hahah. How did the overhyped Draughn and what's-his-face who we heard so much about the week prior do against the Terps again...? (crickets)

I'm excited to see the return of a healthy Da'Rel Scott. Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I had read, it sounded as if Morgan Green had a reputation amongst the coaches as a bit of a malingerer? Scott, on the other hand, rangered up, strapped on that big foam brace, and took one for the team...

But, I voted for Meggett. Like his father (which I'm sure he's sick to death of hearing), his small, but powerful stature, smashmouth approach is exciting as hell to watch. Did he ever once fail to gain yards after contact on a carry this season? I don't remember seeing it. In some of the later games, it seemed like he was the only one on the team who could make plays. I think Jonathan Dwyer is going to have a run for his money next year...

Posted by: jrchris | December 18, 2008 9:11 PM | Report abuse

Barons10: Caleb Porzel. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see him redshirt a year though, considering how stacked we are at RB.

Oh, and I looked it up. The other UNC RB hyped up to run the ball down the Terps' throat was Houston.... Here are the stats for that game:

o Draughn 46 yds on 13 carries (13 long);

o Houston 10 yds on 4 carries.

Go Heels indeed... Hah!